Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will a hyper 212 evo fit on a p8z68 board with 16Gb RAM?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 21, 2011 6:19:14 PM

Hello, I recently built a PC but at the time had no need or want for over clocking, now I do though.
My question:
Will a hyper 212 evo fit on a p8z68-v board with 16Gb RAM? The ram is this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If the fan won't fit, does anyone have any suggestions for what will?

Thanks
- Dan
a c 126 K Overclocking
December 21, 2011 6:36:55 PM

I think you will be fine.

1) The hyper212 is not a particularly wide cooler. If oriented to exhaust to the rear, you should have no problem.

2) The ram does not have particularly high heat spreaders.

3) You could mount the fan as a pull orientation on the side away from the ram.

4) If all else fails, it is not wrong to slide the cooler fan up a bit higher on the coooler so it clears the ram.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 126 K Overclocking
December 21, 2011 6:50:27 PM

gameridgoeshere said:
Do you recommend a cooler then?

The hyper212 will be fine.

There is sufficient room between the center of the cooler and the first ram slot when oriented parallel to the ram slots. That is generally the preferred orientation anyway, depending on the case.

Ram clearance is only an issue if it must be oriented perpendicular to the ram slots.
December 21, 2011 6:56:02 PM

geofelt said:
The hyper212 will be fine.

There is sufficient room between the center of the cooler and the first ram slot when oriented parallel to the ram slots. That is generally the preferred orientation anyway, depending on the case.

Ram clearance is only an issue if it must be oriented perpendicular to the ram slots.

Ahh ok thank you very much!
m
l
December 21, 2011 6:57:05 PM

Best answer selected by GamerIDGoesHere.
m
l
!