Lian Li Dragon Lord with narrow side window?

I was getting ready to order a Lian Li / Lancool Dragon Lord pc case for a new project. While checking US prices one last time before ordering, I stumbled into a version over at frozencpu.com that I hadn't seen before. It was the PKPC-K60WB. Instead of the large odd shaped window on the side panel, it has a narrow window towards the rear of the side panel. My immediate reaction was the narrow window would help conceal all the drive cables from view. Here's a link to the case:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9568/cst-939/Lian_Li_Dragon_Lord_PC-K60WB_Lancool_Black_Mid_Tower_Gaming_Case_w_Window_CrossfireX_and_3-Way_SLI_Ready.html?tl=g1c295s740

I checked all the other vendors that I have in my references and I couldn't find any vendor in the US that had the case with the narrow window. I tried google and came up empty handed except for some Euro references to it. Thinking that frozencpu.com had put up the wrong photo I checked the Lian Li / Lancool web site and discovered the side panel with the narrow window was listed as an accessory that could be ordered separately. When I saw that it just added to my suspicion that the photo at Frozen CPU was a mistake.

Just to make sure I sent an email asking if that model really came with the narrow window. Jeffey replied very quickly that he doubled checked and verified the case had the narrow window. I didn't waste any time. I ordered the case immediately. A short while later I received an email indicating the case has been shipped.

Can any of our international visitors tell me if that case is available in their country. I'm curious to find out whether that case was released in other countries first. I know the Dragon Lord cases were available in other countries before they were available in the USA. I am also wondering if it is some sort of production error. Either way I am a very happy camper right now. :bounce:

Solution
Looks good, that window is an optional accessory to most Lian-Li cases, as well as the common one so I don't see a reason why its not a possible alternate version.
Well, according to the Lancool web site it is listed as an accessory which can be purchased separately. I'll send Jeffey and email and ask if the side panel can be ordered separately. However, it's Friday night so I would not expect and answer until Monday morning.

sonic-boom

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
I sent them a email in the contact us thingy, I guess it worked its a bit wierd just takes you back to the Contact us page and doesn't say sent or anything. I really want that side with the red DragonLord on the window.

OK! I sent Jeffy an email and provided all the links to the various panels. I do not know if Jeffy is working tomorrow. You may have to wait until Monday for an answer. As soon as I hear from him I'll post the answer. You might have to be patient and wait to get those because the rest of those new panels were not there earlier today. It's all brand new. They may not be in the distrubution pipeline yet.

AH! Understood. Hmm....I'm sitting here looking at my HAF 932. It has a smaller window near the top and perforated mesh and the big fan below it. I do case mods but nothing wild like the guys at mnpctech.com. It wouldn't be that hard to do. Start with a plain solid panel and cut for a window and fan or fans.

Check out the Alpenföhn CPU-Kühler Groß Clockner Blue Edition:

http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/Alpenfoehn-CPU-Kuehler-Gross-Clockner-Blue-Edition-AMD-Intel::10972.html

If memory serves the photo on the fan's hub is the Matterhorn in Zermatt, Switzerland. When I was just a young boy Walt Disney made a movie about climbing that mountain. I had to go see it when I was stationed in Europe.