Overclocking a8-3500m using k10stat

ksense

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
I'm looking to overclock my a8-3500m using K10stat

Can someone explain to me what FID and DID are and how they affect the over/underclocking? Do I even change them?

I don't want to experiment in it because I'm afraid of the results

Thanks

Solution
You will figure it out soon enough ;)
If you got a good sample you can hit anywhere from 2ghz to 2.4ghz with pretty much near stock voltage. 2.6-2.8ghz is about all you can hope for with what you got. I upgraded my laptop from a crappy a4 3300m to a nice a8 3530mx that proved to be a very nice overclocker. Managed to play a game of Crysis at 3.6ghz :eek:

ksense

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Okay so i figured that FID and DID affect the clock speed.

FID is the core multiplier and DID the core divider

But what's the difference between 4 FID, 1 DID and 16 FID, 4DID (I don't think there is any but is it a difference between how the K10Stat applies it?)

You will figure it out soon enough ;)
If you got a good sample you can hit anywhere from 2ghz to 2.4ghz with pretty much near stock voltage. 2.6-2.8ghz is about all you can hope for with what you got. I upgraded my laptop from a crappy a4 3300m to a nice a8 3530mx that proved to be a very nice overclocker. Managed to play a game of Crysis at 3.6ghz :eek:

Solution

ksense

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

thanks... I think

I'm gonna test some stuff out but I won't mess up anything doing stuff on k10stat will I?

Right???!!!

Nope unless you were to feed to much voltage while allowing everything to overheat then there will be problems but if you use some basic common sense you will be fine. Again 2-2.4ghz on what you got. No more than 2.6-2.8ghz tops. 2ghz or less you can undervolt to save on power while reducing the temps.

Wyndage

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
I recently overclocked my A8-3500M from 1.5 to 2.3GHz with K10STAT following a guide I found.
When I apply settings I can see the change using CPU-Z but all other diagnostic programs such as EVEREST tell me my speed is still sitting right at 1.5GHz. Im not really sure if i notice any difference what so ever aside from what CPU-Z is telling me. Is there a way to be truly sure?