Will better 5850's be released?

The 5850 is unavailable now and It probably will be for a couple of weeks. What I'm wondering is will they release newer versions of the 5850 with better cooling and higher clockspeeds $20 or $30 cheaper in the near future? What has history shown?
9 answers Last reply
More about will 5850 released
  1. Eventually. Sapphire has their Vapor-X cooling, ASUS has some good stuff (Dark-Knight quad-piped design on the 4870!), PowerColor usually does some custom cooling, HIS might get an ICEQ design, etc.
  2. Well, for now... the 5850s with the reference cooler are in short supply. I have one though :)
  3. shadow187 said:
    Eventually. Sapphire has their Vapor-X cooling, ASUS has some good stuff (Dark-Knight quad-piped design on the 4870!), PowerColor usually does some custom cooling, HIS might get an ICEQ design, etc.

Is it likely those designs would be released in november or december?
  4. I would imagine new non-reference designs will start to pop up sometime mid-november or so. Don't hold me to that, but it usually takes about 1-2 months to really get creative new designs out there and the reference designs to kinda fade away.
  5. So I couldn't wait and bought the reference HIS HD-5870 but would like to add cross-fire effentually. If a new design comes out, unless it's a water block it will still be compatible with my card for X-Fire right?
  6. ohhh man the diamond just became available in Canada I don't even know if I wanna wait anymore :(
  7. guys, more input please.

How much better will the non reference cards be? are they usually more expensive or the same price as the reference cards?

I just started researching pc hardware for a couple of weeks now I have been completely out of the loop on the past couple of generations so I don't know how it's been in the past.
  8. The 5850 reference card seems to perform very well in terms of temps/noise. I don't see a non reference design being a whole lot better. The 5870 is the card that could really use some aftermarket and non reference loving.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Cooling Graphics