Nightlife preorder bonus question

Last response: in Video Games
September 9, 2005 6:32:54 AM

Okay most site where you can preorder Nightlife are offering the car
download as a bonus when the game ships..

I want to know how it will handled by those of us who have physically pre
paid a deposit at a local Ebgames or Gamestop type store. I had a huge store
credit that I am using to pay for this game, so I am locked in to getting it
physically from Gamestop.

My local Gamestop was clueless when I asked and they thought it was only for
online orders. Any confirmation of this from anyone else?

I know it is not s really big deal, since most Sims2 designers will nail the
car mesh and create wonderful recolors shortly after the game has been out a
while, so one special download will not ultimately matter. I was just
curious.

Appreciate anyone who might know,

Thanks
Tina
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:32:55 AM

"Tina Hayes" <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
> Okay most site where you can preorder Nightlife are offering the car
> download as a bonus when the game ships..
>
> I want to know how it will handled by those of us who have physically pre
> paid a deposit at a local Ebgames or Gamestop type store. I had a huge
> store
> credit that I am using to pay for this game, so I am locked in to getting
> it
> physically from Gamestop.
>
> My local Gamestop was clueless when I asked and they thought it was only
> for
> online orders. Any confirmation of this from anyone else?

From what I've read, they were supposed to give you a little card with the
information on how to download the car. And url and a unique ID number, I
think.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:32:56 AM

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Tina Hayes" <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Okay most site where you can preorder Nightlife are offering the car
>> download as a bonus when the game ships..
>>
>> I want to know how it will handled by those of us who have physically pre
>> paid a deposit at a local Ebgames or Gamestop type store. I had a huge
>> store
>> credit that I am using to pay for this game, so I am locked in to getting
>> it
>> physically from Gamestop.
>>
>> My local Gamestop was clueless when I asked and they thought it was only
>> for
>> online orders. Any confirmation of this from anyone else?
>
> From what I've read, they were supposed to give you a little card with the
> information on how to download the car. And url and a unique ID number, I
> think.

Here's the url of what I read

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&...

" I would know because I preorderd my game on tuesday at EBgames. I asked
them about the free download and the person went looking to see if they had
it. They found it was a purple paper and the ad that we all saw on the
internet regarding the free car download. it had like a pin number and a
websit addressto get my free download, but I can't activate it until the
game comes out, but that makes sence. "

(You might have to put that into Babelfish to make it comprehensible...)
September 9, 2005 11:59:23 AM

Jeremy Reaban wrote:

> From what I've read, they were supposed to give you a little card
> with the information on how to download the car. And url and a unique
> ID number, I think.

That's good news. I wasn't going to bother to reserve NightLife because my
local EB store made out like I was nuts for bothering to do that with
University but now I will.

Gareeth
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 2:11:59 PM

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:59:23 GMT, "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>That's good news. I wasn't going to bother to reserve NightLife because my
>local EB store made out like I was nuts for bothering to do that with
>University but now I will.

LOL pimplefaced little freaks, what do they know? :-)
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> LOL pimplefaced little freaks, what do they know? :-)

The little pimplefaced freak at my EB store was just the
opposite. When I called to ask if they had the game, before
driving 25 miles into the city, she lectured me about how I
ought to always preorder. I kept trying to ask, "Yes, but
do you *have* them?" She wouldn't let me get a word in, so
I finally hung up on the little pipsqueak and went to Best
Buy, where they had plenty of copies on the shelf. I don't
need some baby half my age telling me what to do ;)

Laura
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:58:23 PM

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:52:52 GMT, Laura Castellano
<laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The little pimplefaced freak at my EB store was just the
>opposite. When I called to ask if they had the game, before
>driving 25 miles into the city, she lectured me about how I
>ought to always preorder. I kept trying to ask, "Yes, but
>do you *have* them?" She wouldn't let me get a word in, so
>I finally hung up on the little pipsqueak and went to Best
>Buy, where they had plenty of copies on the shelf. I don't
>need some baby half my age telling me what to do ;)

LOL... I'd just hang up or talk to her boss.
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 11:53:32 PM

Not really!

Get the code, and type in http://www.thesims2.ea.com/rave in Sept. 15th

The Secrets Unknown

Just kidding! I got the code and site 3 days ago. Ask again! (and
again, and again, etc.)
I asked 17 times!
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 4:55:19 AM