Nightlife preorder bonus question

Okay most site where you can preorder Nightlife are offering the car
download as a bonus when the game ships..

I want to know how it will handled by those of us who have physically pre
paid a deposit at a local Ebgames or Gamestop type store. I had a huge store
credit that I am using to pay for this game, so I am locked in to getting it
physically from Gamestop.

My local Gamestop was clueless when I asked and they thought it was only for
online orders. Any confirmation of this from anyone else?

I know it is not s really big deal, since most Sims2 designers will nail the
car mesh and create wonderful recolors shortly after the game has been out a
while, so one special download will not ultimately matter. I was just
curious.

Appreciate anyone who might know,

Thanks
Tina
8 answers Last reply
More about nightlife preorder bonus question

    "Tina Hayes" <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Okay most site where you can preorder Nightlife are offering the car
    > download as a bonus when the game ships..
    >
    > I want to know how it will handled by those of us who have physically pre
    > paid a deposit at a local Ebgames or Gamestop type store. I had a huge
    > store
    > credit that I am using to pay for this game, so I am locked in to getting
    > it
    > physically from Gamestop.
    >
    > My local Gamestop was clueless when I asked and they thought it was only
    > for
    > online orders. Any confirmation of this from anyone else?

    From what I've read, they were supposed to give you a little card with the
    information on how to download the car. And url and a unique ID number, I
    think.

    "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Tina Hayes" <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> Okay most site where you can preorder Nightlife are offering the car
    >> download as a bonus when the game ships..
    >>
    >> I want to know how it will handled by those of us who have physically pre
    >> paid a deposit at a local Ebgames or Gamestop type store. I had a huge
    >> store
    >> credit that I am using to pay for this game, so I am locked in to getting
    >> it
    >> physically from Gamestop.
    >>
    >> My local Gamestop was clueless when I asked and they thought it was only
    >> for
    >> online orders. Any confirmation of this from anyone else?
    >
    > From what I've read, they were supposed to give you a little card with the
    > information on how to download the car. And url and a unique ID number, I
    > think.

    Here's the url of what I read

    http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=item.81,root.1,item.43,item.41,item.23&threadID=99c2cd4e4010eae9e8a1a1f1ece0c2a5&directoryID=81&startRow=26

    " I would know because I preorderd my game on tuesday at EBgames. I asked
    them about the free download and the person went looking to see if they had
    it. They found it was a purple paper and the ad that we all saw on the
    internet regarding the free car download. it had like a pin number and a
    websit addressto get my free download, but I can't activate it until the
    game comes out, but that makes sence. "

    (You might have to put that into Babelfish to make it comprehensible...)

    Jeremy Reaban wrote:

    > From what I've read, they were supposed to give you a little card
    > with the information on how to download the car. And url and a unique
    > ID number, I think.

    That's good news. I wasn't going to bother to reserve NightLife because my
    local EB store made out like I was nuts for bothering to do that with
    University but now I will.

    Gareeth

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:59:23 GMT, "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >That's good news. I wasn't going to bother to reserve NightLife because my
    >local EB store made out like I was nuts for bothering to do that with
    >University but now I will.

    LOL pimplefaced little freaks, what do they know? :-)
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > LOL pimplefaced little freaks, what do they know? :-)

    The little pimplefaced freak at my EB store was just the
    opposite. When I called to ask if they had the game, before
    driving 25 miles into the city, she lectured me about how I
    ought to always preorder. I kept trying to ask, "Yes, but
    do you *have* them?" She wouldn't let me get a word in, so
    I finally hung up on the little pipsqueak and went to Best
    Buy, where they had plenty of copies on the shelf. I don't
    need some baby half my age telling me what to do ;)

    Laura

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:52:52 GMT, Laura Castellano
    <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >The little pimplefaced freak at my EB store was just the
    >opposite. When I called to ask if they had the game, before
    >driving 25 miles into the city, she lectured me about how I
    >ought to always preorder. I kept trying to ask, "Yes, but
    >do you *have* them?" She wouldn't let me get a word in, so
    >I finally hung up on the little pipsqueak and went to Best
    >Buy, where they had plenty of copies on the shelf. I don't
    >need some baby half my age telling me what to do ;)

    LOL... I'd just hang up or talk to her boss.
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

    Not really!

    Get the code, and type in http://www.thesims2.ea.com/rave in Sept. 15th

    The Secrets Unknown

    Just kidding! I got the code and site 3 days ago. Ask again! (and
    again, and again, etc.)
    I asked 17 times!

    Thanks for replying all.

    Only a few days left to wait.....