Sign in with
Your question

Freecell

Last response: in Windows XP
March 3, 2012 4:28:45 AM

Hello, I have an XP computer, and somehow deleted the old Free Cell which came from the "Entertainment" area of "Programs." I wish to get it back again, but all the alternative questions I have asked, on the Internet, and also Microsoft Windows, could not help me. Is there anyone there who can do so? Thank You

More about : freecell

March 3, 2012 7:21:36 AM

wert9qa said:
Hello, I have an XP computer, and somehow deleted the old Free Cell which came from the "Entertainment" area of "Programs." I wish to get it back again, but all the alternative questions I have asked, on the Internet, and also Microsoft Windows, could not help me. Is there anyone there who can do so? Thank You

It helps if you explain what you have tried to resolve, so if this is redundant, not my fault.....

1) - Restore from recycle bin ? - Assuming you deleted it.
2) - Search for it - Maybe it was moved to another folder.
3) - Restore Game from Control Panel.
Click"Start," and then click "Control Panel."
Click "Add or Remove Programs," and then click "Add or Remove Windows Components."
Select "Accessories and Utilities," and then select "Games."
Click on the check box next to "Freecell," and then click "OK."
m
l
March 3, 2012 11:10:53 PM

Thanks very much. This Best Answer at the bottom is a bit of a misnomer. I put the request in a couple of days ago, and this time changed my user name a little, and you are the only "Best Answer I've had. It's hard to say what I've done, as I've been over so many "Offers" shall we say, on the web. I've done your 2.3,4,5,6,7, at the early stages.
I'm not sure what you mean by "check on the box next to Free Cell. Anyway, my "Entertainment" box is empty The only one I haven't tried is your number 1. as I don't know how to do it. Any suggestions, please
By the way, I love what you've got at the bottom of your text on the user page
m
l
Related resources
March 3, 2012 11:31:04 PM

One thing I forgot to state, also,sorry. It was a cleaning program called "BleachBit," and also I was doing all the cleaning at the time in "Safe Mode," as it clears more trash, then I've found, and now I've found that it clears "wanted" things as well
m
l
March 3, 2012 11:44:21 PM

I should add that the greater amount of the association with the net was downloading the Different Free Cells that were offered, but none of them were the original that was attached to the "Entertainment" folder.The other, offers, such as using "Run," and typing instructions into there never worked, nor did the "How Tos" I either hit a blank wall with not having what was suggested in my Tin Can, or perhaps I probably didn't work it out correctly as was suggested.
m
l
September 15, 2013 12:17:15 AM

ksiemb said:
wert9qa said:

It helps if you explain what you have tried to resolve, so if this is redundant, not my fault.....

1) - Restore from recycle bin ? - Assuming you deleted it.
2) - Search for it - Maybe it was moved to another folder.
3) - Restore Game from Control Panel.
Click"Start," and then click "Control Panel."
Click "Add or Remove Programs," and then click "Add or Remove Windows Components."
Select "Accessories and Utilities," and then select "Games."
Click on the check box next to "Freecell," and then click "OK."

1. Restore was deleted from the recycle bin. I have no idea how to get that back
2. I'm sorry. I'm not very TC, {Computer literate.} but I iterate, as above, the Free cell was not moved to another folder, It was deleted from the recycle bin, and deleted. Full stop
3. I have checked on "Accessories and Utilities" in "Add and Remove," and there is no Free cell listed anywhere in that department. I now presume that a young lady called Sugar726 who appeared to be interested in assisting me with this problem has probably not received my two emails explaining the situation either, however she has posted a reply to my thread it said in the email she sent me. This is my first time on a forum, and I don't even know whether I'm signed in, or no. I thought the last endeavour, just to find Free cell was hard enough, but signing in here was almost impossible, however Sugar726 found my email address without me even being signed in as a member, and finished it with a suggestion, "http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800744/freecell-p...." This however did not work either. So right now it appears like Never Never land. Tom's Hardware won't accept my subscription to join the forum. Sugar726 wants to help me, but appears unable to do so, unless it's through becoming a member, which as I iterate. Tom's Hardware won't accept me. Any suggestions? Thank You.
I will list myself as MC, although right now it looks as if I could make Houdini's understudy
m
l
!