Sign in with
Your question
Closed

The logon user interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load contact system administra

Last response: in Windows XP
March 3, 2012 4:45:17 AM

Hello,

What do I do when all my computer will do is display a message that says:

"the logon user interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load

contact system administrator to replace the DLL, or restore the original DLL."

and just has a restart button underneath the message, but when you restart it or even shut the computer off manually with the power button it does nothing but restart with out ever showing any other screen except black until this message comes right back up again. It is a DELL Latitude D 630 Laptop. It has windows xp. I have the xp disk & put the disk in & then restart or turn on the computer, so I could reformat the entire system but still when the computer turns on it says the same thing & does not even give me an option what so ever to load disk, safe mode, reboot, type or do anything. Please some one help me. This is driving me nuts.
Thank you, Liz
March 3, 2012 7:09:00 AM

kidder01 said:
Hello,

What do I do when all my computer will do is display a message that says:

"the logon user interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load

contact system administrator to replace the DLL, or restore the original DLL."

and just has a restart button underneath the message, but when you restart it or even shut the computer off manually with the power button it does nothing but restart with out ever showing any other screen except black until this message comes right back up again. It is a DELL Latitude D 630 Laptop. It has windows xp. I have the xp disk & put the disk in & then restart or turn on the computer, so I could reformat the entire system but still when the computer turns on it says the same thing & does not even give me an option what so ever to load disk, safe mode, reboot, type or do anything. Please some one help me. This is driving me nuts.
Thank you, Liz

Your computer is still booting from the hard drive even tho you have inserted the CD. On startup, press the F2 key to get into setup & make the CD the 1st boot device. Perform a repair-install.
Score
March 6, 2012 2:22:35 AM

It will not let me go to set up. The computer just goes directly to this message as soon as it comes on.
Score
Related resources
March 6, 2012 3:13:30 AM

ksiemb said:
Your computer is still booting from the hard drive even tho you have inserted the CD. On startup, press the F2 key to get into setup & make the CD the 1st boot device. Perform a repair-install.

The computer will not go to anything else but this message. Will not even show the start up screen. I tried the F2 even though I could not see anything and it did nothing. The screen literally stays black with absolutely nothing on it from the time you turn the computer on till it shows this message.
Score
March 6, 2012 3:18:49 AM

kidder01 said:
The computer will not go to anything else but this message. Will not even show the start up screen. I tried the F2 even though I could not see anything and it did nothing. The screen literally stays black with absolutely nothing on it from the time you turn the computer on till it shows this message.

Try booting without the battery.
Score
March 14, 2013 7:20:26 PM

I am also having the same problem .. Really appreciate if you can tell me how you resolved it
Score
March 21, 2013 11:42:46 PM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

It's better to start your own thread amiforum - this one is getting old and is about to be closed.

Score
!