My custom PC just build, turns on but than turns immediatley off

pitoman

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
N260GTX-T2D896-OC-TwinFrozr (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260)
P55-CD53 (Intel® P55)
4 GB DDR3-1333 Kit (4096 MB)
WD5000AADS (500 GB)
SH-S223L (22 / 8 / 16 speed)
Core™ i5-750 (4x 2666 MHz)
MS-TECH LC-05B ( It has a 550W power suply)

I just build it, all the parts are brand new. eveything is on the correct spot. but when i connect the power supply to the electricity after a few seconds it tries to start automatically but turns off immediatley. when it tries to start the lights go on, and the processor fan spins for a second.
I tried disconnecting it and connecting it back several times did not work, tried to let it rest for a while then tried again. but nothing.

I dont know if its because i need a better power supply or because the power supply is new and has to be connected to the electricity for a while before starting it. Can anyone help please? :( :( :(

BorgVampire

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
You might have the CPU in the wrong way round. It is possible to do despite the arrows on the corners of the socket and the CPU itself. I did it myself too once but luckily my motherboard had many safeguards for procting the components from over powering and nothing blew up.

pitoman

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Just Checked it...its not the other way around...its on the correct side. and now i removed my processor cooling fan and it has a grey stuff on the processor whats that ? and im trying to boot my pc out of the case with the Ram memmory and the video card only on it. and it keeps turning on and off, on and off....

BorgVampire

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
I take it this is your first build from what you have said and also that someone helped you as you didn't know what the grey stuff on your processor was. So...

When I said it might be the wrong way round I ment that the CPU might be the right way "Up" but there is one corner of it that is supposed to go into the socket in a certain corner of that socket. If it is not in that corner the connections below "pins" will not be in the right place. When you mention "and it has grey stuff on the processor", I presume you mean the thermal grease. This is normal and is required to transfer the heat of the CPU to the CPU Cooler so that it keeps the CPU cool enough to run.

pitoman

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
The corner you mentioned is in the right corner. i just checked it. and when i start it, it still goes on and off, and i noticed that a led light "CPU phase 1" turns on and then turns off.....

BorgVampire

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Try gkays list next, I didn't know there was one as I'm also new to this forum and only made my first post today. I have to log of now and get some stuff done. Good luck with getting it running.

pitoman

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009

Hello i was wandering if you lcoud help me, because ive done everything inthe list...and something is still going wrong... and it looks like it boots... but then itgoes off and then boots again