andrewmichel

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Hello, I dont know much about what's up to date with regards to computers so i would like some advice please.
Im trying to play SWTOR and i cant do battlegrounds because the lag is terrible. is my system good enough for this game or do i need to upgrade a component?
I have a:
intel quad core2 Q6600 @2.4 GHz
4 gig ddr2 ram
64 bit windows 7
nvidia geforce 8500gt
42 LCD tv as a monitor
Thanks for any help, much appreciated!

Solution
Hi andrewmichel,

Your graphics card is sorely lacking when it comes to SWTOR and is bottlenecking the rest of your system.

Could you please tell us what resolution you play at to help us in your search for a new GPU.

Also, could you please delete the other 2 posts of yours that mirror this one, thanks.

andrewmichel

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Hello, I dont know much about what's up to date with regards to computers so i would like some advice please.
Im trying to play SWTOR and i cant do battlegrounds because the lag is terrible. is my system good enough for this game or do i need to upgrade a component?
I have a:
intel quad core2 Q6600 @2.4 GHz
4 gig ddr2 ram
64 bit windows 7
nvidia geforce 8500gt
42 LCD tv as a monitor
Thanks for any help, much appreciated!

yamman101

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Hi andrewmichel,

Your graphics card is sorely lacking when it comes to SWTOR and is bottlenecking the rest of your system.

Could you please tell us what resolution you play at to help us in your search for a new GPU.

Also, could you please delete the other 2 posts of yours that mirror this one, thanks.

Solution

ringzero

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Yes, your graphics card is definitely the problem. I'm assuming you're gaming at 1080p on your TV? I would recommend at least either a Radeon 6770 or GTI 550 Ti, and those should set you up on medium graphics settings.

What power supply are you using? Switching to a new graphics card might require you to upgrade your power supply.

LostHorizon

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
I am having the same issue. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to why I'm lagging on low settings with shadows turned off.

Acer Aspire
AMD Dual-Core Processor E-350
AMD Radeon HD 6310
4 GB DDR3 Memory

Note: I trip balls everywhere. Not just warzones although it gets way worse there.

deadjon

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009

tl:dr - People who think SWTOR is WoW and can therefore be run on toasters.

Really though, the 1.6ghz Dual Core and the dire integrated graphics are killing the game - I run this game with a Q6600 @ 3.4ghz and 2 GTX460s in SLI and I dont get perfect frames

System requirements state an AMD Athlon X2 4000+ or 2.0ghz Core 2 Duo is required (Minimum) - an E-350 is about the speed of a 1.2ghz Core 2 Duo I'd say, your lucky it even starts.

They also Say that a GFX Equal to a 7900GT or so is required with Shader model 3.0 and 256mb of VRAM. the 6310 is benching lower than a Mobile 7600GT...

Result, try every resolution possible, its not going to work. Sorry :(

How can you have 7.9GB usable RAM with only 8GB total? that's only ~100MB cached for the OS, so unless you're running a VERY stripped down OS, I don't see how that's possible.