theinzane

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
Hi, I am currently having a problem with my fan speeds. I have an Asus m4a87td Evo motherboard. I have disabled cool n' quiet and tried to disable Qfan (but I dont believe it is actually disabled)

My fans recently would run at around 3000rpm, whenever I would run a stress test they would peak as high as 7000rpm but I could never get them that high manually. I have also installed speedfan and even though I have control of my fans, I do not have 100% control.

I have recently installed a water cooler and my fans now think that 100% is 1500rpm. If I reduce the fan speed to 50% it will cut to 750rpm but I cannot get it to go higher then 1500rpm. I believe there is some type of software that is controlling what is considered 'max' speed and I only get to work within its parameters.

I do not want to run my fans at 7000rpm because that would be way to noisy but I don't like the idea of not having 100% control over them, I am going to overclock soon and would like to be able to turn up my fans when necessary.

theinzane

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008

Already did that, Any changes in the bios seem to have no affect on my fanspeed. It seems as if there is something else that has priority over those fans over all else.