Shenzhen Bentuoxin 2008U+P joystick problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goqe

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Greetings everybody!

I recently bought a cheap chinese joystick controller to use with my Asus laptop.

It's a dualshock controller. I came with a driver CD, but as far as my internet search showed me, it's only for the vibration of the controller.
The main problem is that Windows detects the controller, but the controller buttons doesn't respond upon pressing. The analog LED is working, but i just can't seem to get any output from the controller itself. Even in calibration from the Control Panel.

Do i need to drivers ? My DVD-reader doesn't want to read the CD and i don't have another one close.
Is there any way to make the controller work?

Solution

If you gave specific info regarding mfg/model of controller you might stand a slim...

If you gave specific info regarding mfg/model of controller you might stand a slim chance of getting a response. Regarding the Driver:
If you go in device manager, Expand Network Adapters, (or whichever device you need driver for)
Right click properties, go in details for the device driver.
You will see a code like per example VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS...

The VEN code means vendor and the DEV code means device: in this case the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8.

Once you have the two codes, go to www.pcidatabase.com.
Enter the two codes and you should get the name of your hardware. From there you can search for a driver download for your hardware.

Solution

goqe

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
That's the problem - Windows is using generic USB driver for the joystick which doesn't show VEN or DEV codes. Everything i've got is the name of the model of the joystick which i've specified in the title of the thread.
I've checked all game controller and usb drivers - no luck.

Windows is using generic USB driver for the joystick which doesn't show VEN or DEV codes - Would have been more fruitful, Had I known that bit of info up front also.

Status
Not open for further replies.