spiphix

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
A new game called Battlefield Bad Company 2 has recently been released and I am wondering if my computer will be able to run it well. Any recommendations on if I should upgrade my motherboard or processor? And if I upgrade my processor will my motherboard be able to run it or would I have to upgrade that too. Thanks.

Here are my Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Hard Drive: 81 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
Motherboard: ASUS P5LD2

Requirements for Bad Company 2 can be found half way down and on the right of the page of this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_bad_company_2

Solution
Yea youll be able to run it fine, the beta was a bit iffy, seemed to want quads at least, but reviews since at techspot have shown a dual core to be fine, i think youll be able to run it easily at medium. What reso you playing at?

p1n3apqlexpr3ss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Yea youll be able to run it fine, the beta was a bit iffy, seemed to want quads at least, but reviews since at techspot have shown a dual core to be fine, i think youll be able to run it easily at medium. What reso you playing at?

Solution

Qemix

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Check with www.canyourunit.com if you're still unsure.

The video card should run the game fine IMO, but probably not at max settings. The RAM and CPU seem to be the bottlenecks.