  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 9, 2005 3:24:54 PM

http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep2_screenshots.php

I do love those new wallpapers... and I wonder what they use to render
their game... it always looks different from the real thing.
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

More about : nightlife official shots

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 5:09:55 PM

On that last picture, the stairs look different. I'm trying to figure
out if there is a landing between 2 sets of those steps or not. I can't
see that good. I wish we did have more options for the stairs.

deene

> http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep2_screenshots.php
>
> I do love those new wallpapers... and I wonder what they use to render
> their game... it always looks different from the real thing.
> --
>

> Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
> your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 12:35:55 AM

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:09:55 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
wrote:

>On that last picture, the stairs look different. I'm trying to figure
>out if there is a landing between 2 sets of those steps or not. I can't
>see that good. I wish we did have more options for the stairs.

Yeah, lots of people have noticed this. I theorized that perhaps the
house was not resting on a foundation but a half-wall. That would seem
to account for the height. Foundations are like quarter height. These
are half or so, possibly even higher... maybe it's
foundation+halfwalls. We'll find out, because this house is one of
the new ones that come with the game :-)
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
September 10, 2005 12:35:56 AM

> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:09:55 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
> wrote:
>
>>On that last picture, the stairs look different. I'm trying to figure
>>out if there is a landing between 2 sets of those steps or not. I
>>can't
>>see that good. I wish we did have more options for the stairs.
>
> Yeah, lots of people have noticed this. I theorized that perhaps the
> house was not resting on a foundation but a half-wall. That would seem
> to account for the height. Foundations are like quarter height. These
> are half or so, possibly even higher... maybe it's
> foundation+halfwalls. We'll find out, because this house is one of
> the new ones that come with the game :-)
> --
>

> Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
> your neighbourhood could be next!

Oh great! Maybe there will be some surprises that we don't know yet.

deene
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 12:35:56 AM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:09:55 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
> wrote:
>

>>On that last picture, the stairs look different. I'm trying to figure
>>out if there is a landing between 2 sets of those steps or not. I can't
>>see that good. I wish we did have more options for the stairs.
>

> Yeah, lots of people have noticed this. I theorized that perhaps the
> house was not resting on a foundation but a half-wall. That would seem
> to account for the height. Foundations are like quarter height. These
> are half or so, possibly even higher... maybe it's
> foundation+halfwalls. We'll find out, because this house is one of
> the new ones that come with the game :-)

Perhaps it's just on a hill.

Jeanie
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 1:24:30 AM

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:03:35 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
wrote:

>Oh great! Maybe there will be some surprises that we don't know yet.

I'm sure there are. Maxis keep talking about some "big surprise" they
have in store. No word on that from Brazil though.
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 1:25:11 AM

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:08:02 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Perhaps it's just on a hill.

Maybe Maxis finally learned to manipulate foundations... but I doubt
it LOL
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 2:25:26 AM

Actually, if you build on a slope, your foundations can vary in height
enormously depending on the steepness of the slope. But in that picture it
doesn't look as though the house has been built on a slope.

Best wishes
maxon