Dx10 problem

przymul

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Hi everyone
On my pc i can't run dx10 games. Maximum frame rate i can get is 2 fps. In BFBC2 when i switch to dx9 everything works fine. In Red Faction Armageddon too.
My specs are:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.5ghz
2GB of ram
Gigabyte GTS250 1GB
I can't run Bioshock in normal frame rate at all. And when i had Vista and 8800Gts i was running it fine.
The games run like a sideshow even in menus/intros/made by etc.
I tried installing newest drivers/beta drivers/oldest drivers i could find from Nvidia site. Drivers from Gigabyte site. Clean install after removing drivers with Drive sweeper didn't help. In most games i can switch to dx9 but with Battlefield 3 coming that has no dx9 support I can't even play beta.

illusio12

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Hi pryzmul, have you installed the latest DX update from Microsoft, as well as all the motherboard drivers from your motherboard manufacturer.

The latest Nvidia drivers should be the only ones you need to install.

Your problem seems to me to be with your setup, and not your hardware, unless the graphics card has been seriously overclocked and does not show errors unless advanced functions are used, happened to me once ( live and learn !!! ).

My e2140 and 8800gt also played dx10 games at acceptable quality and speed, so, something to do with Windows 7 64bit setup or gpu.

By default, even though Win 7 comes with dx11 installed, it does not have all the dx9/10 drivers within, you may still need to download the very latest dx update from Microsoft to ensure dx10 compatibility with your games.

Try this, as well as ensure you have latest drivers for motherboard ( check for bios update, and see if any errors reported with pcieX16 ) and latest geforce drivers.

Good luck and keep us updated to what you try and how you progress :)