Sign in with
Your question

Folders list as empty when there are files in them

Last response: in Storage
July 27, 2011 5:14:59 AM

I bought a 8GB "Fission" flash drive from ALDI's. I do regular backups of photos to Folders already on the drive and at first they displayed with correct MB info. and now they are showing up as empty.

But when I display flash drive properties it displays for e.g. 527 MB of information thereon.

Have repeated a backup of current folder and checked, the folder showed as being backed up with all pictures showing.

Next time I view the flash drive, the folders suddenly are empty again.

I hope I haven't lost 4 months of ORB photographs! :sweat: 
July 27, 2011 3:51:29 PM

breeze23 said:
I bought a 8GB "Fission" flash drive from ALDI's. I do regular backups of photos to Folders already on the drive and at first they displayed with correct MB info. and now they are showing up as empty.

But when I display flash drive properties it displays for e.g. 527 MB of information thereon.

Have repeated a backup of current folder and checked, the folder showed as being backed up with all pictures showing.

Next time I view the flash drive, the folders suddenly are empty again.

I hope I haven't lost 4 months of ORB photographs! :sweat: 

You may have a bad flash drive that doesn't read correctly. Also try going into control panel, click folder options, and allow it to show hidden files and folders. Also mess around in there and see if you have setting that needs to be adjusted.
m
l
August 3, 2011 1:00:01 AM

HMRkingpin said:
You may have a bad flash drive that doesn't read correctly. Also try going into control panel, click folder options, and allow it to show hidden files and folders. Also mess around in there and see if you have setting that needs to be adjusted.

Thanks for your advice.

Tried everything you suggested plus more and have come to the conclusion that both USB's are corrupted (not by anything I did) and have since bought another from Dick Smith.

Although most of the folders show as "empty folder", I feel there is some hope as the USB properties show that 2.16GB of allocated storage has been used........!!!

If anyone can recommend a good free "recovery program", it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
m
l
Related resources
August 6, 2011 1:34:42 AM

Problem no solved yet.
m
l
August 6, 2011 4:20:54 AM

try updating the usb drivers by downloading them from you Motherboard manufacturer
m
l
August 13, 2011 12:02:31 AM

Thanks for your advice.
m
l
!