Sign in with
Your question

A GPU that costs $2900

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 9, 2009 4:37:48 AM

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item...

Look at this guy's review:
"Great card, beats two 8800 Ultra's SLI'd. Runs all my games on max settings without a problem. Excellent for the hard-core gamer, but it's not a n00b's card. The 2.5 grand price tag is steep, but worth it. This is by far the BEST card from NVIDIA currently available."

Buys a $3000 card to run a freakin game on, while people starve to death and then he says it's not a n00b card. wow

More about : gpu costs 2900

a b U Graphics card
October 9, 2009 4:44:51 AM

What the hell does people starving have to do with graphics cards?

You wanna stop commerce and have everyone starve, or stop it and have people pay $200 for a Geforce 2MX?

The reviewer is obviously a fool, but only slightly more/less so than anyone who thinks the price of graphics cards or Bentleys has anything to do with people starving.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 9, 2009 4:56:11 AM

That card wouldn't be able to even run half-life on decent frames...
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 9, 2009 5:04:01 AM

That's a video editing card...it's not even for gaming. Only an idiot would buy a Quadro since you can get the same fps with a Geforce for 1/4 the price.
m
l
October 9, 2009 5:22:29 AM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
What the hell does people starving have to do with graphics cards?

You wanna stop commerce and have everyone starve, or stop it and have people pay $200 for a Geforce 2MX?

The reviewer is obviously a fool, but only slightly more/less so than anyone who thinks the price of graphics cards or Bentleys has anything to do with people starving.

I'm not a fool, you are (yeah, you had that coming) for thinking buying expensive commodities and overspending improves the economy. This jackass is probably putting that 3000 dollar card on a credit card that he won't be able to pay off. What does your economic knowledge tell you now? Isn't that how the U.S economy went to the crapper in the first place?

It's not about the economy anyways, it's about waste.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 9, 2009 5:34:19 AM

kaywalker said:
I'm not a fool, you are (yeah, you had that coming) for thinking buying expensive commodities and overspending improves the economy.

'Cause moaning and bitching about what some other fool does with their money ever fed anyone. :pt1cable: 

Quote:
It's not about the economy anyways, it's about waste.

Sure it's about economics, as in the resources are here, not there, the money and food are here, not there, and a graphics card +/- isn't going to solve world hunger anymoe than a knob on the internet bitchin' about someone else's spending, as if they weren't WASTING their time moaning instead of feeding those starving mouths they're pontificating about. :pfff: 

Now clean up your plate, don't you know there's children starving in Africa !! [:thegreatgrapeape:6]
m
l
October 9, 2009 5:44:20 AM

Way to turn a simple post into a personal vendetta. Perhaps I should report this to your superiors so you get fired from your non paying moderator job lol.

It's ironic that you think I'm moaning and bitching and yet you respond to my moaning and bitching with your own moaning and bitching.

Don't want to get into economics with you. I'll just point out overspending is bad for everyone especially in countries that are heavy consumers such as the U.S and Canada. It leads to individual poverty which brings down the entire economy with it, affecting every single country in the chain, up to and including those countries in africa that supply the raw material for your "rig".

Then again I shouldn't expect a lot of economic knowledge from someone who clearly spends a large portion of his night on a forum, arguing with other people. Unfortunately ignorance of the average citizen is dominant in North America, you and that "hardcore gamer" suffering from it.

Anyways I'm out. Got a long day tomorrow.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 9, 2009 6:05:46 AM

I love how some people (mainly liberals) love to hate people who are successful, and have money. Let them spend it on what they want, free country, if somebody in the good ol US of A is on the losing side, some hard work can get them on the right path. It's nobody's business what someone else does with their cash unless it is directly hurting you or your family in some way.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 9, 2009 6:10:24 AM

Annisman said:
I love how some people (mainly liberals) love to hate people who are successful, and have money. Let them spend it on what they want, free country, if somebody in the good ol US of A is on the losing side, some hard work can get them on the right path. It's nobody's business what someone else does with their cash unless it is directly hurting you or your family in some way.

???

I though most rich people are liberal...? Rich people are pretty "liberal" with their money according to the dictionary definition. =)
And by liberal people, I mean "free thinking/freedom/etc" not specifically left or right of the political spectrum.

Unless you're talking about the people who favor government regulations on business...that's not solely a left wing phenomenon. (left wingers who want freedom in social politics but restrictions on the economy)

On the right, you have the same type of people in the form of populists. (right wingers who want restrictions on both social politics and on the economy)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 9, 2009 7:56:14 AM

Are you guys seriously talking about political agendas? The OP was simply stating that such an eggtard bought such an expensive videocard yet he has no apparent knowledge as to what it is for. Sure he goes on to blab about starving people, but it can be irritating to see a person that sounds as dumb as the reviewer have so much money lying around. IMO, I think the reviewer is a downright liar. There's no chance that someone who has this card would think it's great for gaming.
m
l
October 9, 2009 9:00:19 AM

Consider the wasted energy the OP used to search for that Video Card, post the info, and everyone's wasted time. Think of the starving children, OP....
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 9, 2009 10:41:25 AM

1. It is supposed to be a video card that is used for work, i.e. CAD, 3D Modeling, etc.
2. It is not for games or for the common man.
3. Other industries and sectors have these expensive brands/products, be it doctors, engineers or construction workers. For every expensive set of products there is usually a reason for it, be it high reliability, unique feature set or monopoly.

I don't know what kaywalker is bitchin about when this product is clearly not intended for his use.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 9, 2009 12:24:00 PM

Wow.
A troll.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 9, 2009 1:58:54 PM

a clear example of high$$$$ does not equal high fps
m
l
October 9, 2009 5:28:02 PM

kohd said:
I don't see the problem. Looks like a great deal to me. You save $186,441.75!

YES!!! thats why i bought 2
m
l
October 9, 2009 5:29:05 PM

and just like a phantom in the night the price has changed too bad i didnt take a screen
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 11, 2009 4:56:44 AM

Bluescreendeath said:
???

I though most rich people are liberal...? Rich people are pretty "liberal" with their money according to the dictionary definition. =)
And by liberal people, I mean "free thinking/freedom/etc" not specifically left or right of the political spectrum.

Unless you're talking about the people who favor government regulations on business...that's not solely a left wing phenomenon. (left wingers who want freedom in social politics but restrictions on the economy)

On the right, you have the same type of people in the form of populists. (right wingers who want restrictions on both social politics and on the economy)

You don't want to get into a political debate with me... I listen to Mark Levin...nuff said. And while there are pleanty of rich libs who like to run their mouth and crave attention 24/7 (Hollywood anyone?) Most, and I mean probably 75% of what some would call 'rich' people are small business owners who would most likely lean right in their views considering the way they are taxed under left-wing run administrations. Also, your view of 'Liberals' is flawed, freedom has nothing to do with their agendas. Look up some info on 'progressives' and you will see what I mean. Anyways, you (and anyone else) can always go to marklevinshow.com and start educating yourselves...free podcasts ftw.
m
l
!