Sign in with
Your question

My external hard drive crushed and now its dicoverable but cannot be opened in a

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 27, 2011 6:51:18 AM

my external hard drive crushed and now its dicoverable but cannot be opened in any way i hav tried using more than 5 recovery tools but it still wont respond, the software seems to detect that there is a 320gig drive but it can be recovered please help.
July 27, 2011 7:18:00 AM

What happend to the drive before it Crashed? Did you copy to of from it? Did you drop it? Power failure?
a b G Storage
July 27, 2011 1:09:44 PM

The software is detecting the drive interface which has the size of the drive coded into it (attention, purists, I'm simplifying a little). But it sounds like the drive assembly is toast.

One other thing you can try is to take the drive out of the USB case, treat it like a bare drive, and plug it into a desktop system. That might work.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 28, 2011 8:13:07 AM

the drive just become unresponsive out of the blues nothing to do with power failure, iv tried removing it from the case, it still makes the windows sound for a device detected... But nothing :-( , jsc uv mentioned about the disk assembly can tht be fixed? In my opinion i thnk the worst mistake was not changing the file system to NTFS..All tht data LOST:-(
Related resources
!