My external hard drive crushed and now its dicoverable but cannot be opened in a

my external hard drive crushed and now its dicoverable but cannot be opened in any way i hav tried using more than 5 recovery tools but it still wont respond, the software seems to detect that there is a 320gig drive but it can be recovered please help.
3 answers Last reply
More about external hard drive crushed dicoverable opened
  1. What happend to the drive before it Crashed? Did you copy to of from it? Did you drop it? Power failure?
  2. The software is detecting the drive interface which has the size of the drive coded into it (attention, purists, I'm simplifying a little). But it sounds like the drive assembly is toast.

One other thing you can try is to take the drive out of the USB case, treat it like a bare drive, and plug it into a desktop system. That might work.
  3. the drive just become unresponsive out of the blues nothing to do with power failure, iv tried removing it from the case, it still makes the windows sound for a device detected... But nothing :-( , jsc uv mentioned about the disk assembly can tht be fixed? In my opinion i thnk the worst mistake was not changing the file system to NTFS..All tht data LOST:-(
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Data Recovery External Hard Drive Storage