new Installation - My Documents

aph

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004

Hi I have just done a reinstall of XP Pro and have partioned harddrive into
c & D - D = where my data will be held.

if I want to change MyDocuments from C: drive to D:Drive, , apart from
moving the directories from one drive to another, do i need to change any
other settings in windows?

Thanks

Alex

Well right click on on properties. On the "Target: tab You shoud see a box
that sayes "Target folder location" in that box if you click on move. it
will move the My documents to anywhere you tell it to. Then after it is done
all what you have in the my documents folder will be in the new place you
told it.