nicko4455

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
hi. i just finished my first build. i7 chip. evga x58 motherboard. invidia gtx 275. im not happy with my picture while playing games. dvds play great. i have not oc'ed anything yet. my scores are all 5's in windows vista control panel, but the two scores pertaining to video performance are both 1's. i dont want to screw things up in bios unless im sure it will help. device manager says gpu is working properly. please help.

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

After you installed the GPU, did you install the latest drivers from nVidia's website? Also, after a GPU installation and driver installation, both scores regarding the GPU are 1. You have to make the test again :). I am sure they will go up to 5.9

Yes, more information is a must.

What are the rest of your components including the PSU?
Have you installed the latest drivers?
Did you plug in the PCIe power cables?
What exactly are you not happy with when gaming, what games are you playing and at what resolution?

nicko4455

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Yep the gpu is def plugged in. I have two 23inch asus monitors plugged into it. As for the drivers I loaded the ones that came on the cdrom with the gpu. Crysis ischoppy. Ghost recon isn't great. Neither is rainbow 6 las vegas 2. But like I said dvds look great.. 850w ps. 64 gb ss hd. 2x 1tb hdd.