Sign in with
Your question

Overcloking noob needs help

Last response: in Overclocking
December 23, 2011 11:47:16 PM

Hi I recently built my computer it is a 1090t be with arctic cooling 13 on a crosshair iv formula mobo I have 8gb of rig jaws x memory and xfx 6870 . I have a 1 tb hd also a 800w corsair psu this is all in a haf 912 plus case. Firstly let me know what you think of this rig for gaming it cost me 650 to750 pounds I use it for gaming play most games on high settings easily with 60 fps constant haven't really tried ultra. I am a real big overclocking noob it is currently at 3.72 ghz pre configured oc but I whant to know what is the best oc I can get and also the settings for it please !!!

More about : overcloking noob

December 23, 2011 11:55:58 PM

I don’t think anyone can pick faults in it. It’s certainly a nice set up you have going there! In fact; nice enough to make me wonder what over clocking might achieve. I don’t think your games will play at a higher setting than those set by the game. All you will do really is reduce of the lifespan of your components.
December 25, 2011 2:32:57 PM

A question for you. Did the CPU run fine from the beginning? No BIOS flash needed? My m8 are going for the same motherboard and cpu setup so.....
!