$850 Building First Gaming Rig

Hi i am looking to build my first gaming computer i dont play alot of games but i mostly play WoW for right now.I want this computer for mostly gaming but i also want to be able to do some school work on it as well. i have a budget of about $850 with taxes and shipped. i want to build the best computer i possibly can while staying on my budget.

BUDGET RANGE:$750-$850

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: By the end of October or Early November

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming(WoW), School(Research,Write Papers)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Mouse, Monitor, Speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com

PARTS PREFERENCES: I just want to get the best bang for the buck

OVERCLOCKING: I dont really have a lot of knowledge of this so maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1280x1024
4 answers Last reply
More about building gaming
  1. Here is what I am in the process of putting together for myself:

Phenom II X3 - $115
    Motherboard - $70
    Graphics Card ATI 4890 - $175
    2 gb DDR3 RAM - $35
    Samsung DVD burner - $30
    Hard drive - $50
    Power supply (500w antec or seasonic) - $70
    Case - $20
    Monitor: Dell S2409W - $200

Total: $765

I'm just starting on this myself so I don't know a lot. Hope this helps!
  2. Opps, just saw you didn't need a monitor, well in that case its $565. If you plan on playing more intensive games then WOW you could upgrade the graphics card to a GX 285 or something like that.
  3. nic4747 said:
    Opps, just saw you didn't need a monitor, well in that case its $565. If you plan on playing more intensive games then WOW you could upgrade the graphics card to a GX 285 or something like that.

Seeing as how OP will not be ordering until Oct, Nov, I would wait until the 5850 drops. GTX 285 will be done for by then.
  4. Oh, didn't see that either. Well if you're going to wait that long you may as well wait till Black Friday. There are bound to be a ton of good deals and price drops.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gaming Computer World Of Warcraft Systems