Help with BSOD!!

tioga060

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008
So basically my computer was working fine for the past year. about 3 weeks ago i overclocked some of my stuff (cpu gpu) and it was running stable for all 3 of those weeks, but this past sunday i got a weird display driver error, and i tried installing new display drivers, but it didnt fix anything. i decided to wipe my hard drive and reinstall windows cuz my harddrive was full of crap i didnt want to use, so i wiped it, and when i reinstalled windows, after it restarted and was finishing the install, i got a blue screen of death. i tried reinstalling twice and got the same result each time.

i tried all the solutions i could think of... i reseated everything in my case, lowered cpu clocks, tried install without soundcard plugged in. I have no idea what to do now.

heres my specs:
mobo: nvidia 680i SLI
cpu: intel e6550 core 2 duo
ram: corsair XMS2 ddr2 800 4 gig
gpu: 8800 GTS 640
Vista x64 home premium

also:
d-link wireless G card
creative soundblaster xfi fatal1ty xtreme gamer pro

help please!

leo2kp

Distinguished
You didn't mention what PSU you have. A solid PSU is basically mandatory in any stable PC, especially when overclocking. Even if it was stable for 3 weeks, it doesn't mean that you weren't cooking components for those 3 weeks until it finally gave in. If going back to stock on the motherboard and GPU doesn't fix your BSOD, try getting a better PSU and/or another video card.

tioga060

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008
dude dont rage, it solved the problem and i wanted to do the simplest solution first.

why dont u post somewhere else where someone gives a damn about ur spam posts