insanelyorange

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
My card: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=58226

As you can see it is slightly overclocked, and my Pc can't run BF3 so I was planning on taking it from 915mhz to 900mhz, I have the AMD VISION control center and saw that there was an option to just slide this bar to change the clock speeds. Don't want to try this just yet. Need detailed instructions on how to under clock this card, have never done this before. Doing this as a last resort since BF3 for some reason will not run on my PC and heard that under clocking and overclocked card can help.

thanks.

cainy1991

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
I have a sapphire 6870 and have no issues running bf3 at all.. while capable of playing in ultra I prefer to keep it on high for higher fps.
my question to you sir is what CPU are you using?
even my brother running 6870's in cf cant even play on ultra due to his duel core.

insanelyorange

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

I have a AMD Phenom II X4 955, been messing around and have looked at all the fixes I have come across and still not luck.

Merry Christmas to everyone in my thread!

insanelyorange

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

The latest, Catalyst 11.12 and Media Codec Package 11.12. What happens is when I launch the game as admin nothing happens, but when I launch without admin it says "BF3TM has stopped working"

andrewcarr

Distinguished
Under clocking your card will void the warranty and make it slower why would you want these. I overclocked my card to improve performance although this also voids the warranty. Your card should be able to run BF3.

Hope you can fix this problem.

Overclocking or underclocking does NOT void your warranty. Please don't reply with baseless and factless information. Are you sure you downloaded the correct version (32bit/64bit) for your OS (Win7/XP/Vista)?

It's obviously not the video cards fault that the game won't run. Try uninstalling the game and re-installing. If that doesn't work sounds like a good old re-install of windows would fix your problem.

insanelyorange

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

I have installed the correct version, I don't want to re install windows just for battlefield when all of my other games work perfectly fine. I am however running on a pirated windows 7 ultimate, other games and programs work fine and other people who have pirated a OS are running fine so the OS is not the issue.

Now instead of giving me BF3 has stopped working, whenever I launch it nothing happens.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011

Ummm, overclocking does void the warranty. You are right about underclocking, though.