Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Under Clocking my 6870

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Battlefield
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
Share
December 24, 2011 7:07:56 AM

My card: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=58226

As you can see it is slightly overclocked, and my Pc can't run BF3 so I was planning on taking it from 915mhz to 900mhz, I have the AMD VISION control center and saw that there was an option to just slide this bar to change the clock speeds. Don't want to try this just yet. Need detailed instructions on how to under clock this card, have never done this before. Doing this as a last resort since BF3 for some reason will not run on my PC and heard that under clocking and overclocked card can help.

thanks.

More about : clocking 6870

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 24, 2011 7:07:06 PM

Try that slide to 900 and after that hit apply. I overclocked my card with that slide. It will be fine.
m
0
l
December 25, 2011 12:45:11 PM

I have a sapphire 6870 and have no issues running bf3 at all.. while capable of playing in ultra I prefer to keep it on high for higher fps.
my question to you sir is what CPU are you using?
even my brother running 6870's in cf cant even play on ultra due to his duel core.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 25, 2011 1:01:02 PM

There's no reason your card can't run BF3. You must have some other issue.

15mhz is such a tiny overclock it's almost humerous to have 3 fans too cool it, I would slide it to 950 and hit save.
m
0
l
December 25, 2011 2:14:27 PM

cainy1991 said:
I have a sapphire 6870 and have no issues running bf3 at all.. while capable of playing in ultra I prefer to keep it on high for higher fps.
my question to you sir is what CPU are you using?
even my brother running 6870's in cf cant even play on ultra due to his duel core.


I have a AMD Phenom II X4 955, been messing around and have looked at all the fixes I have come across and still not luck.

Merry Christmas to everyone in my thread!
m
0
l
December 25, 2011 2:16:02 PM

Moving the card back to stock clocks didn't resolve the issue. Looks like I won't be playing battlefield 3 anytime soon on my new PC.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 25, 2011 2:28:41 PM

What driver version are you using....cause there thousands of people playing BF3 with a 6870, stock and overclocked....?
m
0
l
December 25, 2011 5:23:13 PM

geekapproved said:
What driver version are you using....cause there thousands of people playing BF3 with a 6870, stock and overclocked....?


The latest, Catalyst 11.12 and Media Codec Package 11.12. What happens is when I launch the game as admin nothing happens, but when I launch without admin it says "BF3TM has stopped working"
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 25, 2011 6:21:31 PM

Under clocking your card will void the warranty and make it slower why would you want these. I overclocked my card to improve performance although this also voids the warranty. Your card should be able to run BF3.

Hope you can fix this problem.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 26, 2011 1:35:54 PM

andrewcarr said:
Under clocking your card will void the warranty and make it slower why would you want these. I overclocked my card to improve performance although this also voids the warranty. Your card should be able to run BF3.

Hope you can fix this problem.


Overclocking or underclocking does NOT void your warranty. Please don't reply with baseless and factless information. Are you sure you downloaded the correct version (32bit/64bit) for your OS (Win7/XP/Vista)?

It's obviously not the video cards fault that the game won't run. Try uninstalling the game and re-installing. If that doesn't work sounds like a good old re-install of windows would fix your problem.


m
0
l
December 26, 2011 9:40:29 PM

geekapproved said:
Overclocking or underclocking does NOT void your warranty. Please don't reply with baseless and factless information. Are you sure you downloaded the correct version (32bit/64bit) for your OS (Win7/XP/Vista)?

It's obviously not the video cards fault that the game won't run. Try uninstalling the game and re-installing. If that doesn't work sounds like a good old re-install of windows would fix your problem.


I have installed the correct version, I don't want to re install windows just for battlefield when all of my other games work perfectly fine. I am however running on a pirated windows 7 ultimate, other games and programs work fine and other people who have pirated a OS are running fine so the OS is not the issue.


Now instead of giving me BF3 has stopped working, whenever I launch it nothing happens.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2011 9:52:20 PM

geekapproved said:
Overclocking or underclocking does NOT void your warranty. Please don't reply with baseless and factless information. Are you sure you downloaded the correct version (32bit/64bit) for your OS (Win7/XP/Vista)?

It's obviously not the video cards fault that the game won't run. Try uninstalling the game and re-installing. If that doesn't work sounds like a good old re-install of windows would fix your problem.

Ummm, overclocking does void the warranty. You are right about underclocking, though.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 27, 2011 3:08:13 PM

fb39ca4 said:
Ummm, overclocking does void the warranty. You are right about underclocking, though.


Wrong again buddy... please stop spreading mis-information on the forums. :sleep: 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 27, 2011 3:08:53 PM

A pirated version of Windows...............thread over!
m
0
l
!