Confused on how this will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtgolden1s

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
I have found a few people who have maded the corsair H50 to have a reservoir and to get rid of the ugly stock tubes. I was wanting to make a custom reservoir that will be integrated into the side panel on my case. My question how will I run the tubes. What comes off the pump, the H50 heatsink, and into what the rad or the reservoir. Also would the reservoir need to be above the rad or could it be below it.

Thanks

Solution
It has been done many times...if you are serious about this, you'll want to do a lot of research on the topic. There isn't much here, but I can dig up some threads from other forums if you'd like.

In the meantime, you might turn to YouTube- there are a lot of videos out there with people doing this exact same mod. It will at least give you some ideas it nothing else.

Otherwise, an actual loop might be more of what you are looking for by the time you consider additional costs. I don't foresee this to be an expensive mod, depending on what you want it to do outside of the res? I like your DIY attitude...let me know how we can help you out.

Good luck.

CKLayoka

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
The H50 is a closed loop, "pre-built" system. For the level of customization you're talking about, you might consider planning out your own loop from scratch. If that's not an option, just google "corsair H50 mod" and similar phrases for videos and detailed instruction.

"what comes off the pump" -- Your new pump would most likely use G1/4 threading which you attach your fittings and the tubing to...

The forum sticky has most of this stuff.

As to "what comes off" the H50 heatsink, you'll need to do some research on the modding of this particular system.

Loop order and elevation are not such a big deal, especially if this is just a CPU loop. Order for convenience. However, having the reservoir behind and a little above the pump makes it easy to fill your loop when you pour water into the res, similar to a T-line.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
It has been done many times...if you are serious about this, you'll want to do a lot of research on the topic. There isn't much here, but I can dig up some threads from other forums if you'd like.

In the meantime, you might turn to YouTube- there are a lot of videos out there with people doing this exact same mod. It will at least give you some ideas it nothing else.

Otherwise, an actual loop might be more of what you are looking for by the time you consider additional costs. I don't foresee this to be an expensive mod, depending on what you want it to do outside of the res? I like your DIY attitude...let me know how we can help you out.

Good luck.

Solution

jtgolden1s

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Well got my Corsair H60, I guess best buy dosnt sell the H50, and bought my acrylic to build my reservoir. I got the res almost completed. I cut out the pieces, took forever had to had cut with a plastic cutting knife, and I have decided to add in a waterfall! The res takes up 3 bays so its a pretty decent size. I found a lot of info on youtube on modding this. As soon as the res has been siliconed and sealed up I will post pictures of the leak testing and then will post pics with it in the case. I hoping that it will look really good with UV fluid and my uv lights. I wish I could have done a custom loop but I dont have the money. I got gift cards for best buy so I am making this H60 into my own custom loop and going a little crazy with building my own res. I am hoping for the best.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I've built a few reservoirs and while it's fun, they rarely turn out looking very professional. The amount of time, materials and failed attempts often works out to be more costly than just buying a $25-$35 reservoir (even more expensive ones). I know there are several guys that make/sell custom reservoirs and they've spent a lot of time and money perfecting the manufacturing process. Don't get me wrong- I think it's a great idea to figure out what you want in watercooling components, and I'd love to see the end result of this project...so make sure you let us know and post some pics.

jtgolden1s

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Ok so I finally have gotten somewhere. After hours of building a testing reservoirs I have finally gotten one that works. I build a 15x12 cm acrylic reservoir for the first try. I spent 2 days building and when I got it finished I tested it and it wasnt working to well. So i found a clear tube and drilled and taped the holes and when it was finished the walls where to thin and it leaked. My final try was the shaft of a trophy my lil bro had one at church. I took it apart and the holes that were drilled to the bolt that connect the top and bottom of the trophy was perfect size and the only thing I had to do was waterproof it and tap the holes. I am running a leak test right now and by tomaro I will post a new thread with my "custom" H60 loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.