GA-770TA-UD3

Gizzo

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
In the specifications list, the GA-770TA-UD3 lists compatibility with these types of RAM; "4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory. Dual channel memory architecture. Support for DDR3 1866(OC)/1333/1066 MHz memory modules."

Does this mean that it would support the missing 1600MHz frequency or does a motherboard only support a strict set of frequencies?

Solution
Memory support list is here:
http://www.gigabyte.us/FileList/MemorySupport/mb_memory_ga-770ta-ud3.pdf
you will find twenty-one different 1600 modules listed, so 1600 is certainly supported; if the stuff you are considering is not on the list, it does not mean that it will not work - it just means GB didn't have it to test - they can't try everything on the market - but you may have to 'tweak' it by hand to get it working... Try to look for memory that specifically states support for AMD products.

bilbat

Splendid
Memory support list is here:
http://www.gigabyte.us/FileList/MemorySupport/mb_memory_ga-770ta-ud3.pdf
you will find twenty-one different 1600 modules listed, so 1600 is certainly supported; if the stuff you are considering is not on the list, it does not mean that it will not work - it just means GB didn't have it to test - they can't try everything on the market - but you may have to 'tweak' it by hand to get it working... Try to look for memory that specifically states support for AMD products.

Solution

ausma

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
I would like to know what gigabyte means when it has OCZ3P1333LV6GK listed in its memory support list?

If you look up OCZ3P1333LV6GK it is specified as triple channel memory, does this mean that the UD3 supports triple channel? or that it will run triple channel in dual channel mode, if that is even possible..?

I would understand if it listed OCZ3P1333LV4GK because it is the ram I want to run but whether or not this is a typo or whether it should be on the list or not is a concern to me, as it will be the memory I want to buy.