Amd are Intel Pentium

I have a asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard with an amd 64 4000+ thats a 64 bit cpu and runs 2.4 MHz
I also have a asus motherboard from and hp box thats an Intel Pentium 4 540 32 bit cpu that runs 3.2 MHz

My ? is which motherboard would be the best way to go for the best proformance

Thanks Mark
8 answers Last reply
More about intel pentium
  1. The 540 was a 90nm prescott that supports hyperthreading, that will give it a distinct edge over the single cored 4000+, however both are very old and slow by todays standards.
  2. Intel Pentium 4 540, by far.
  3. I run a bench mark on both boards the amd rated at 545.2 and the intel rated at 275.1 for completed test both running win 7 the amd cpu rated at 767.5 and the intel cpu rated at 434.3
  4. Well if the the AMD is performing better then obviously go with it, since both are so old you never know if they are broken/ not performing at 100%.

Also though what version of windows 7 would you get?
  5. hunter315 said:
    The 540 was a 90nm prescott that supports hyperthreading, that will give it a distinct edge over the single cored 4000+, however both are very old and slow by todays standards.

What edge?
    http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/cpu-charts-2006/compare,39.html?prod[176]=on&prod[208]=on
  6. WTF??!

Hyperthreading is one thing, but the AMD just dominates over the rubbish netburst chips from Intel, even a 1.6hgz AMD A64 would topple that 3.2ghz P4.
  7. Quote:
    Virago.

The amd 64 4000+ is much faster, the guys above have no clue about it. But regardless both rigs will run todays applications very poorly and will bearly meet Windows 7s minimum spec.

AMD > Intel in this instance. Listen to this guy.
  8. Noobster15 said:
    Intel Pentium 4 540, by far.

Living up to your name.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Asus Pentium AMD Motherboards