Next EP: Pets? *Possible fake*

Don't get your hopes up yet... real or fake?

Personally I say fake... because
1) Photo looks suspect, especially the lighting, and the name of the
game is obscured
2) Nightlife is only supposed to be out in Brasil so far, and those do
not appear to be brazillian flora in the background...
3) Nor do I think it would be an english ad in a brazillian box
4) Nor did brazillians get nightlife ads the last time around... only
some countries and areas did

http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newexpansion0eu.jpg

Still... there is the off chance it could be real.
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

    >3) Nor do I think it would be an english ad in a brazillian box

    It should be in Portuguese. Mind you I wouldn't but it pass some
    idiot at EA not realizing that and just producing one massive batch in
    English. The flyer does look very well done.

    >>>3) Nor do I think it would be an english ad in a brazillian box

    >>It should be in Portuguese. Mind you I wouldn't but it pass some
    >>idiot at EA not realizing that and just producing one massive batch in
    >>English. The flyer does look very well done.

    >Yeah, it's beautiful craftsmanship, but Maxis also said in the last
    >chat that they would not make an EP solely with pets or pets as the
    >main theme. It was posted on the BBS forum by a guy named krazzer
    >saying "photo of me with the flyer in my box"

    But then again the Nightlife flyer only mentioned vampires and there's
    alot more to it then that. People want pets, so the line "It's time for
    walkies" seems a good marketing hock to me to get people excited.

    Yeah - that's a photoshop job I think. Look at the difference in the
    lighting quality between the leaflet and the picture.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    > Don't get your hopes up yet... real or fake?
    >
    > Personally I say fake... because
    > 1) Photo looks suspect, especially the lighting, and the name of the
    > game is obscured
    > 2) Nightlife is only supposed to be out in Brasil so far, and those do
    > not appear to be brazillian flora in the background...
    > 3) Nor do I think it would be an english ad in a brazillian box
    > 4) Nor did brazillians get nightlife ads the last time around... only
    > some countries and areas did
    >
    > http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newexpansion0eu.jpg
    >
    > Still... there is the off chance it could be real.
    > --
    >

    > Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    > your neighbourhood could be next!

    I don't think there will be just a pet EP. I do believe there will be a
    farm related EP with pets plus other farm animals and gardening and
    stuff like that. I do believe this. ;)

    deene

    On 9 Sep 2005 07:51:19 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >>3) Nor do I think it would be an english ad in a brazillian box
    >
    >It should be in Portuguese. Mind you I wouldn't but it pass some
    >idiot at EA not realizing that and just producing one massive batch in
    >English. The flyer does look very well done.

    Yeah, it's beautiful craftsmanship, but Maxis also said in the last
    chat that they would not make an EP solely with pets or pets as the
    main theme. It was posted on the BBS forum by a guy named krazzer
    saying "photo of me with the flyer in my box"
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:58:27 GMT, "Maxon"
    <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Yeah - that's a photoshop job I think. Look at the difference in the
    >lighting quality between the leaflet and the picture.

    To quote Fox Mulder... "I want to believe" hehe
    --

    On 9 Sep 2005 07:57:20 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >But then again the Nightlife flyer only mentioned vampires and there's
    >alot more to it then that. People want pets, so the line "It's time for
    >walkies" seems a good marketing hock to me to get people excited.

    Hopefully Family Business is next, and after that... PETS! But I
    suspect they've already planned others... and I'm dying to know what
    it is. What does the game need that is not currently in it?

    Outdoors EP? Farm? Pets? Magic? Vacation? Or the business/custom
    creation everyone was so psyched about in one of the surveys?

    What else is there? Age themed expansions? Maybe we'll get business
    with 70's and 20's themes or something... Sim Mafia :-D
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

    No, definite fake!

    Never mind the Brazillian flora, just look at the picture itself.
    Clearly superimposed, the lighting levels are off, the fingers around
    the document are blurred (the result of retouching) and you can see the
    "cut" marks along the top of the pamphlet.

    I've seen better Kennedy Assassination forgeries.

    --
    --Cuth

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    >Don't get your hopes up yet... real or fake?
    >
    >Personally I say fake... because
    >1) Photo looks suspect, especially the lighting, and the name of the
    >game is obscured
    >2) Nightlife is only supposed to be out in Brasil so far, and those do
    >not appear to be brazillian flora in the background...
    >3) Nor do I think it would be an english ad in a brazillian box
    >4) Nor did brazillians get nightlife ads the last time around... only
    >some countries and areas did
    >
    >http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newexpansion0eu.jpg
    >
    >Still... there is the off chance it could be real.
    >--
    >

    >Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    >your neighbourhood could be next!

    LOL we said that with Nightlife and it turned out to be true, but in
    this case I hope not, I want a business/ Restaurant/Beauty/Fashion
    expack next, Sims running a business from home or on a community lot, or
    even Downtown. *yeah*

    ---Sandra

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:58:27 GMT, "Maxon"
    > <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Yeah - that's a photoshop job I think. Look at the difference in the
    >>lighting quality between the leaflet and the picture.
    >

    > To quote Fox Mulder... "I want to believe" hehe

    It's not just a fake, it's a bad one. I could do better. In fact, I have.

    --
    --Cuth

    Nah, I'm not believing this. If even *I* can tell the
    pic's a fake...it's a fake ;) Still, I've been known
    to be wrong once or twice <g>

    Laura

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > To quote Fox Mulder... "I want to believe" hehe

    I just want Fox Mulder...

    Laura

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:36:27 GMT, Laura Castellano
    <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Nah, I'm not believing this. If even *I* can tell the
    >pic's a fake...it's a fake ;) Still, I've been known
    >to be wrong once or twice <g>

    Laura, you're posting from the future! LOL, your clock appears at
    least 6-7 minutes ahead of time :-)
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:37:33 GMT, Laura Castellano
    <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >> To quote Fox Mulder... "I want to believe" hehe
    >
    >I just want Fox Mulder...

    If you give me Scully, it's a deal...
    --

    Maxon wrote:

    > Yeah - that's a photoshop job I think. Look at the difference in
    > the
    > lighting quality between the leaflet and the picture.

    And his right hand is off. He holds the picture with his fingers but
    it's behind his wrist.

    T.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > If you give me Scully, it's a deal...

    Deal of the century, let's go get 'em!

    Laura

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > Laura, you're posting from the future! LOL, your clock appears at
    > least 6-7 minutes ahead of time :-)

    Time is irrelevant to me (she said airily)

    Laura

    deene wrote:
    > I don't think there will be just a pet EP. I do believe there will be a
    > farm related EP with pets plus other farm animals and gardening and
    > stuff like that. I do believe this. ;)
    >
    > deene

    I hope so! That's the one I want next.

    Laura