mardal

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Im trying to put together a new build based on the i5-750. I want the GA-P55-UD4 from gigabyte, but it seems to be out of stock everywhere in my country(Denmark). Has the UD4 been discontinued? or cant they just not keep up with the demands?

Can you guys recommend some alternatives to the UD4?
There are plenty of microATX versions of UD4 in my country, but i want a normal ATX.

The main things about the UD4 that made it good for me was the price, the 8x-8x PCIe crossfire configuration and all the good reviews.
I know about the UD5, but its $55 more in my country and im on a pretty tight budget, and i dont need the extra PCIe slot anyway

Thx in advance

Warmb

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
I am having the same problem here. I was building a system based on the THW medium spec home build example. I already have 2 sapphire hd5850's for crossfire and an i5-750. My order for the p55-ud4 fell through due to availability issues. I have been reading about alterative boards but got a bit confused by reports about newer boards that have issues with usb 3 and sata3, bad connectors (foxconn) and pci-e lanes that switch from 16x to 8x.

I am willing to pay a bit more to avoid crippling my crossfire setup. usb3 and sata 3 are nice to have but not a must riht now...

Any advice is more than welcome.

mardal

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I have been looking at:
ASRock P55 Extreme, its a bit cheaper, but is it as good?

MSI P55-GD65, the same price as UD4, any good reviews?

The cheapest (its about $35 more than UD4) ASUS with 2x 8x PCIe is:
ASUS P7P55D PRO, but its almost the same price as UD5 in my country(less than $20 difference)

have a missed any mobos in my price range?