PRIME 95 unresponsive, but no crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was overclcoking my Core i5 2500k to 4.4Ghz last night and when I woke up (at 6:21) I checked it an it was still running. I then well back to sleep. When I woke up again, no tests had pasts after 6:27. I had a windows error message saying that Prime 95 was unresponsive. I did not have any CPU error messages in Prime, or anything like that. Did the test fail?

Also, my multiplier was set to 44. (44 x 100 = 4.4Ghz) and my multiplier dropped all the way down to 42, then went back to 43, and then bobbed from 43 to 44. Why did it do this? All cores were cool, I wasn't using a huge voltage, I am kinda confused.

Solution
Well I think than that's the important, if is stable for your games and daily use we can say that's an stable overclock.

Enjoy it ;)
I am pretty sure Prime95 was the problem. I used OCCT with large data transfers (it said it was the best for checking errors) and ran with auto voltage this time. (auto voltage actually used less than what I could get a stable fixed voltage at) I ran it for 6.5 hours and I had no errors, crashes, multiplier fluctuation, and the CPU ran flawlessly at 4.4Ghz.

I also tested it with BF3 (got is for Christmas!) and it ran great. I believe I am stable.

Thanks for the help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.