New Nightlife Video

http://www.gammotv.nl/player.php?sid=542

And it's great :-D Shows lots of aspects in casual play.
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

    Thanks! I liked seeing how the cars and garages looked, not bad! I
    noticed somebody was getting into the taxis and a car sitting in the
    driveway. LOL I hate those taxis. I suppose the cars have me pretty
    excited!

    I'm wondering if our *custom* made rugs are going to work well... now
    that there will be rugs. I like that round one.

    deene

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:59:04 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    wrote:

    >Thanks! I liked seeing how the cars and garages looked, not bad! I
    >noticed somebody was getting into the taxis and a car sitting in the
    >driveway. LOL I hate those taxis. I suppose the cars have me pretty
    >excited!

    Yeah, I guess she wasn't assigned to the car :-\

    >I'm wondering if our *custom* made rugs are going to work well... now
    >that there will be rugs. I like that round one.

    I don't think there will be much difference. But I expect to see lots
    more cloned and recolored rugs :-D
    --

    > On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:59:04 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks! I liked seeing how the cars and garages looked, not bad! I
    >>noticed somebody was getting into the taxis and a car sitting in the
    >>driveway. LOL I hate those taxis. I suppose the cars have me pretty
    >>excited!
    >
    > Yeah, I guess she wasn't assigned to the car :-\
    >
    >>I'm wondering if our *custom* made rugs are going to work well... now
    >>that there will be rugs. I like that round one.
    >
    > I don't think there will be much difference. But I expect to see lots
    > more cloned and recolored rugs :-D
    > --
    >

    > Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    > your neighbourhood could be next!

    Yeah, I probably will just delete my custom rugs. Actually, I never used
    them that much.

    Guardian, do you have a lot of custom downloads and how big is your
    download folder? Just curious, since you play more than anybody else
    that I know of. ;)

    deene

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:01:20 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    wrote:

    >Guardian, do you have a lot of custom downloads and how big is your
    >download folder? Just curious, since you play more than anybody else
    >that I know of. ;)

    Hehe, believe it or not, in my downloads folder (until recently when I
    deleted to pave way for NL) I only had a couple of hundred megabytes.
    Mostly because custom objects and meshes kept bugging on me and
    ruining my game, and I couldnt isolate the cause... :-\ I've decided
    now to stick with the basics and just put into my game whatever I feel
    the game lacks... like a good black brick wall, or walls to match this
    and that, and recolors of scarce items like toilets :-)
    --

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:01:20 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Guardian, do you have a lot of custom downloads and how big is your
    >>download folder? Just curious, since you play more than anybody else
    >>that I know of. ;)
    >

    > Hehe, believe it or not, in my downloads folder (until recently when I
    > deleted to pave way for NL) I only had a couple of hundred megabytes.
    > Mostly because custom objects and meshes kept bugging on me and
    > ruining my game, and I couldnt isolate the cause... :-\ I've decided
    > now to stick with the basics and just put into my game whatever I feel
    > the game lacks... like a good black brick wall, or walls to match this
    > and that, and recolors of scarce items like toilets :-)

    I have quite a few walls and floors, but have been weeding them out
    (using CleanInstaller) until I have only what I know I will need now. I
    have a few recolors, but only a very few new meshes for objects. I
    don't want to do without the upper kitchen cabinets, though. That and a
    couple of really nice brass beds and all of the Maxis beds done as
    twins. That's enough for me, really.

    I say this through determined gritted teeth.

    Jeanie

    > On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:01:20 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Guardian, do you have a lot of custom downloads and how big is your
    >>download folder? Just curious, since you play more than anybody else
    >>that I know of. ;)
    >
    > Hehe, believe it or not, in my downloads folder (until recently when I
    > deleted to pave way for NL) I only had a couple of hundred megabytes.
    > Mostly because custom objects and meshes kept bugging on me and
    > ruining my game, and I couldnt isolate the cause... :-\ I've decided
    > now to stick with the basics and just put into my game whatever I feel
    > the game lacks... like a good black brick wall, or walls to match this
    > and that, and recolors of scarce items like toilets :-)
    > --
    >

    > Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    > your neighbourhood could be next!

    Smart thinking!! I think you've just talked me into doing that too. You
    always seem to enjoy playing the game. I don't think I've really played
    the game for the way it was made. I know we all have our own ways but
    I'm saying I've spent most of my time downloading, unzipping & trying to
    find what new stuff I put in, it's hard when you have hundreds of
    different objects, walls, floors. LOL I'm so tired by the time I build a
    house using my new stuff that I don't want to play. This is also the way
    I played The Sims with all EP's. Nope, it's back to basics mostly with
    hacks that I hope will work with Nightlife. I guess if I had to choose
    between hacks and pretty new sets of furniture etc, I would choose
    Hacks! They do so much for the game play. Besides, I'm beginning to
    notice that the Sims could care less about having a fancy house. haha!!

    deene

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:09:48 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    wrote:

    >Smart thinking!! I think you've just talked me into doing that too. You
    >always seem to enjoy playing the game. I don't think I've really played
    >the game for the way it was made. I know we all have our own ways but
    >I'm saying I've spent most of my time downloading, unzipping & trying to
    >find what new stuff I put in, it's hard when you have hundreds of
    >different objects, walls, floors. LOL I'm so tired by the time I build a
    >house using my new stuff that I don't want to play. This is also the way
    >I played The Sims with all EP's. Nope, it's back to basics mostly with
    >hacks that I hope will work with Nightlife. I guess if I had to choose
    >between hacks and pretty new sets of furniture etc, I would choose
    >Hacks! They do so much for the game play. Besides, I'm beginning to
    >notice that the Sims could care less about having a fancy house. haha!!

    Hehe, glad I could help. I kept making the same mistakes over and
    over. Downloading too much stuff without thorough testing and asking
    myself if it was really up to the level of quality I desired, and
    really added something to the game. Now I play and go like "I wish
    there was a totally black wall..." and so I go look for or request a
    matching black wall, instead of downloading 30 blackish ones :-)

    I'm basically an industrial simmer... I build build build, live live
    live, and accumulate stuff... and then I do whatever feels like fun. I
    have GREAT difficulty letting sims die though... because I feel that I
    invest so much in them. Which is why I need such a behemoth of a
    neighbourhood map :-)

    I DO use lots of hacks though... but it's a pain in the butt to have
    to recertify them for each EP... so I deleted them all. I'll go
    hack-hunting again a couple of weeks after I get NL.

    And you're totally right that sims dont really care LOL, I've got far
    less picky with "getting stuff done right". I try to be creative but
    some ideas and even entire houses must be reproduced because I have no
    ambition to build quite THAT much hehe

    So with Nightlife, I am starting at square 1... seems a lot of people
    are :-)
    --

    Madame Mim wrote, On 10-9-2005 3:53:
    > OK, even given that the languages are reasonably close, that proves just how
    > bad my German (and Dutch) is. What was his accent like though? Is it a
    > proper Dutch accent?
    >
    > MM

    It's proper Dutch accent, what we call Algemeen Beschaafd Nederlands
    (General Civilised Dutch), which is comparable to Received Pronunciation
    in England.

    When I did my teaching placement in Italy (on Sicily) me and my
    placement partner were contantly asked if we were German when we talked
    in Dutch to each other.

    Bianca

    That's amasing.

    As I said before I have very little German, but I speak it with a 55 year
    old East Berlin accent (well, that's what I have been told anyway). Which is
    pretty good when you consider I'm 33 and have never been out of Australia
    since I arrived at 6 months of age (and NOT from Germany). My mother, uncle,
    Oma and Opa came over when my mother was seven. I can pick an Austrian
    speaking German, but the Sims guy just floored me. It really did sound like
    an English voice to me.

    MM

    "Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > Madame Mim wrote, On 10-9-2005 3:53:
    >> OK, even given that the languages are reasonably close, that proves just
    >> how bad my German (and Dutch) is. What was his accent like though? Is it
    >> a proper Dutch accent?
    >>
    >> MM
    >
    > It's proper Dutch accent, what we call Algemeen Beschaafd Nederlands
    > (General Civilised Dutch), which is comparable to Received Pronunciation
    > in England.
    >
    > When I did my teaching placement in Italy (on Sicily) me and my placement
    > partner were contantly asked if we were German when we talked in Dutch to
    > each other.
    >
    > Bianca

    ..

    > And you're totally right that sims dont really care LOL, I've got far
    > less picky with "getting stuff done right". I try to be creative but
    > some ideas and even entire houses must be reproduced because I have no
    > ambition to build quite THAT much hehe
    >
    > So with Nightlife, I am starting at square 1... seems a lot of people
    > are :-)
    > --
    >

    > Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    > your neighbourhood could be next!
    A lot of us had enough problems with Sims1 that starting from scratch seems
    to be the only option with each new EP. I don't regret it though because I
    always miss my starting characters. By the third generation or so, I'm
    just not as invested in them, even though I have seen them grow up . I am
    actually looking forward to seeing Cassandra screw up her life again,the
    travails of the Curious clan, and Mama Hicks and Eldon from my recreated
    Sims1. I love different furniture styles, if the Sims don't care, I hate
    having every house with the same stuff and everyone with the same clothes
    and hairstyle. It makes them seem to "1984-ish."

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:38:18 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
    wrote:

    >Nothing new, just that they can now go on dates or have parties at home
    >and have cars, nothing about aspirations, new decoration, etc.

    Ok, thanks :-)
    --

    Madame Mim wrote, On 10-9-2005 14:05:
    > That's amasing.
    >
    > As I said before I have very little German, but I speak it with a 55 year
    > old East Berlin accent (well, that's what I have been told anyway). Which is
    > pretty good when you consider I'm 33 and have never been out of Australia
    > since I arrived at 6 months of age (and NOT from Germany). My mother, uncle,
    > Oma and Opa came over when my mother was seven. I can pick an Austrian
    > speaking German, but the Sims guy just floored me. It really did sound like
    > an English voice to me.
    >
    > MM

    I can pick out a Dutchman when he's talking English, even if they're
    really good (like the guy from the Amstel or Heineken ads in the UK who
    also presents a Discovery Channel program). I'm usually very ashamed
    when I hear Dutch politician speak English, not only their accent, but
    their grammar is cr*p.

    I usually speak with an accent (most people indeed think it's German). I
    can speak English RP but I usually don't bother, especially since I've
    noticed that in England when you speak with a foreign accent they treat
    you much nicer than when you (try) to speak posh English!

    Bianca

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > LOL it's dutch... hey Bianca or Taemon, can you guys tell us if he
    > said anything interesting?

    He's whining about how boring normal sim life is, what with cooking
    and cleaning and going to work, and how everything is so much better
    now that you can go out and have fun. It's pretty stupid, actually :-)
    And no, I didn't notice any particular accent.

    T.

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:57:21 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

    >He's whining about how boring normal sim life is, what with cooking
    >and cleaning and going to work, and how everything is so much better
    >now that you can go out and have fun. It's pretty stupid, actually :-)
    >And no, I didn't notice any particular accent.

    I take it he's the typical male type who can't slow down long enough
    to form a creative thought, and doesn't play games where he can't
    destroy something :-)
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

Sims Video Games Video Games