Solved

CPU Pavilion Elite e9240f Desktop

I have asked several questions concerning buying a PC. A family use pc with ability to play games. I have come to the possible answer to my question: Purchasing the following CPU

Operating system Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor

Memory 8GB

Memory speed PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM memory (4x2048MB for ultimate performance)

Total memory slots 4 DIMM (240-pin, DDR3) (occupied)

Maximum memory expansion Expandable to 16GB

Graphics card ATI Radeon HD 4650 graphics card with 1 GB dedicated graphics memory, DVI, HDMI and VGA capabilities and support for Blu-ray and Microsoft DirectX 10.1.

TV & entertainment experience N/A

PCI expansion 3 PCI Express x1 (one available); 1 PCI Express x16 (occupied); 1 MiniCard (occupied)

Hard drive 1 Terabyte 5400RPM Serial ATA hard drive

Primary CD/DVD drive SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology, Write: 16x max. DVD±R, 12x max. DVD±R DL, 8x max. DVD+RW, 6x max. DVD-RW, 12x max. DVD-RAM, 40x max. CD-R, 32x max. CD-RW. Read: 16x max. DVD-ROM, 40x CD-ROM

Secondary CD/DVD drive Blu-ray Player; Read: 4x max. BD-ROM, 8x max. DVD-ROM, 32x max. CD-ROM (Note: DVD-RAM read not supported)

Networking 10/100/1000Base-T network interface Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n

Sound card High Definition Audio

Speakers 8 speaker configurable

Front-side bus (processor dependent) 4000xMHz System Bus

Price :$822
Any feedback is welcomed
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about pavilion elite e9240f desktop
  1. I take it you are using a web site to build it? Wish it let you know the brands for the parts too. See if it can get more info on the motherboard, power supply and RAM.

I also suggest a higher end video card if you plan to do any gaming.
    What is the resolution of your monitor, your budget for a better card and the specs of the power supply?

Also note the hard drive is a 5,400 rpm model which is slower than the standard 7,200 rpm speeds.
  2. Best answer
    The CPU is good a quad core 3.0 Ghz AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor.
    Great amount of system memory 8 gigabytes.
    Plenty of Hard Drive space although I agree that the hard drive uses a slower rotation speed.
    The discrete graphics card is a lower end one though (good for slightly older games but not quite up to par with newer ones) ATI Radeon HD 4650 graphics card
    You can run some fun games on it though.You would have to be careful as to selection of the game as that system might not run it well (due to the lower end budget graphics card).
    The Motherboard is a Foxconn brand 785G chipset Micro atx board.

However I saw this at HP's site.This is the same version with the TV Tuner Card added though as an option.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01896260&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=4007354

It seems as though they are using a weak 300 watt power supply.
    Sufficient (Barely) for the PC but it would have to replaced if you wanted a better discrete graphics card to run newer games in higher resolutions.

Most of us here build custom PC's rather than purchase a name brand PC.
  3. If your primary usage is for gaming, get the best vga card that you feel comfortable paying for. Read tom's best vga cards for the money:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-310-5970,2491.html
    Look at the performance you can expect from the resolution that you will be using.

Most of the time, you will get better value from assembling a PC yourself.
    Pre built systems will include a noname psu that will only power what was originally built, making it expensive to expand later.
  4. I will be buying an HD Monitor.
  5. z992 said:
    I will be buying an HD Monitor.

A HD monitor will probably be 1080P. That will be a 1920 x 1080 resolution.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Memory