Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

SSD Intel On RAID 0 Speed??

Tags:
  • SSD
  • NAS / RAID
  • Drivers
  • Intel
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
Share
July 29, 2011 12:40:01 AM

I have two 40gb Intel V-series on a Gygabyte 890 Ud5.
When I do a Raid0 the READ and Write stay as One SSD... Does someone know why?

I get my RAID drivers from Gygabyte website. Am I using the right drivers? or I have to go to Intel Website for Drivers?


More about : ssd intel raid speed

a b å Intel
a c 143 G Storage
July 29, 2011 12:45:19 AM

Question... are you running the RAID off of the SATA II or SATA III controller? If you are on the SATA II controller, you probably won't see much of a difference as the single drive is almost maxing out the SATA II controller.
m
0
l
July 29, 2011 2:26:41 AM

tecmo34 said:
Question... are you running the RAID off of the SATA II or SATA III controller? If you are on the SATA II controller, you probably won't see much of a difference as the single drive is almost maxing out the SATA II controller.



Im no sure but my SSD max Read is 175mbs, and write 35mbs. On Raid0 it stay at 175mbs, but the write is about 80mbs.

As you can see on Read is the same number. I heard Sata II support about 300mbs... is that right?

thank u for help
m
0
l

Best solution

a b G Storage
July 29, 2011 9:36:34 PM

it's not the sata2 limitation so much as the sata chips bandwidth limit itself. Make sure you're on the AMD 6G ports(not the JMicron) and insert the AMD raid drivers at install. Raid0 with that setup should be nearly double the speed of 1 drive.
Share
July 30, 2011 3:34:01 AM

groberts101 said:
it's not the sata2 limitation so much as the sata chips bandwidth limit itself. Make sure you're on the AMD 6G ports(not the JMicron) and insert the AMD raid drivers at install. Raid0 with that setup should be nearly double the speed of 1 drive.


I have them connected on Gsata... those are SataII 3.0gb and they aren't Jmicro. I Think thats going to be the problem.
m
0
l
July 30, 2011 6:49:41 AM

Best answer selected by erasmo84.
m
0
l
July 30, 2011 6:51:47 AM

!!!Thank you very much!!!!... both were right. Now Read is 320mb/s and 70mb/s Write
m
0
l
a b G Storage
July 31, 2011 8:13:04 AM

You're welcome. Now give AMD's raidxpert a try to enable NCQ and write caching for about as good as you'll get from that platform.
m
0
l
July 31, 2011 2:44:05 PM

enable NCQ?? im sorry I don't understand, my first language is spanish.

"write caching for about as good as you'll get from that platform"

So i have to unable NCQ? Whats that?
m
0
l
July 31, 2011 2:58:44 PM

groberts101 said:
You're welcome. Now give AMD's raidxpert a try to enable NCQ and write caching for about as good as you'll get from that platform.



Ohhh yeaahhhh now I have from 320 now 382 Read, 79 write lol. thank you again lol
m
0
l
a b G Storage
August 1, 2011 3:30:25 AM

not too bad. Now enjoy it and make sure to have a dedicated backup/recovery plan in place if an issue arises. Raid is great unless you don't prepare for the worst by backing up data.
m
0
l
!