Getting a new CPU + mobo, which mobo to get?

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
What I plan to have:
550W Antec PSU
4GB G.Skill DDR2 800 memory
EVGA 8800 Ultra
Phenom II X4 965BE (in the process of getting this, I already have had the rest)

The main thing I am not sure about, is what motherboard to get? I dont need many features and I dont plan on using crossfire/SLI. Having the ability to OC a little would be nice and having good onboard sound would be good. Aside from that, I dont really need any more features, so a cheap board recommendation would be fantastic. Thanks!

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008

Been looking for a bit and found this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131603

Seems to be reasonable, within my price range and all the features I am interested in. Is this a good buy or does anybody have a better option?

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008

I already own all of the hardware outside of the CPU and mobo from my previous rig. The mobo/CPU died on that one, so I am looking to upgrade. For both the CPU and the mobo I have about $300 to spend, ideally less. I dont want to get a bad CPU though as I do play WoW (and multitask a LOT), which is quite heavy on the CPU. So basically all I really am interested in is a good, stable mobo that isnt very expensive that will be solid for the AM3 processor I plan to get.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008

Sounds like a pretty solid plan to me, thanks a bunch :)