Watercooling budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.

plattman02

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
hey guys, im wondering if anyone can suggest components for a water cooling system for my computer combining low price with performance. i need to be able to afford this stuff cause its for my senior project, but id also like it to kick a$$. if the a$$ kicking performance is worth the $$ then, its alright. so water cooling components that wont burn a hole in my wallet. thanks!!

Solution
Rasa RX360 kit and GPU block w/ fittings of your choice. This is a good place to start, unless you want to go full custom from the beginning.
In my opinion, water cooling has no part in a budget build.

But,... for a school project, I suggest you compare the performance of a stock air cooler, a cheap($30) after market cooler, like the Xigmatek gaia or cm hyper212
and the water cooling system you are asking about.

Compare what you get with what it cost to get it.
This has been done before, but post your results here anyway.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
'Budget' simply applies to the topic in question. There are also budget Ferrari's and Lamborghini's- it's a matter of personal price/performance of the unit being debated. A 'budget' watercooling build is often considered the most frugal approach to the hobby- this is where most people start to see if more elaborate builds and increased budgets apply with their newly found components.

^+1. This will probably be one of the best/only options that fits into the budget and cools well. I'd suggest a universal GPU block since they're about half the price of full cover blocks ($50 vs. ~$100)

orangejuice789

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
300 is a very good place to start.

As boiler said Universal GPU blocks and some MOSFET heatsinks will be a better option with this budget.

Full custom might be a good idea if you want a more solid pump, but other than that the RX360 kit is a very wallet friendly solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS