Sign in with
Your question

Computer crash, massive screen artifacting, infinite restart loop?

Last response: in Systems
September 25, 2009 10:34:23 PM

I was just playing Company of Heroes when my computer locked up and was filled with purple and red vertical lines, and massive artifacting. When I restarted, the opening black screen when first booting up was filled with random green squares and artifacting. All other screens have weird horizontal redish lines and other graphical glitches and are generally unviewable.

Now my computer is caught in an infinite restart loop, and generally won't get past the loading screen. I can get to the desktop if I boot in safe mode, however (still with graphical corruption).

Basically, it's completely messed up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Specs:

Windows XP 32 bit
Pentium 4 Single Core
Geforce 8800GT
3 GB RAM
a b B Homebuilt system
September 25, 2009 10:37:37 PM

Whats your power supply? It may be going, the 8800GT is fairly power hungry so if it wasnt a good PSU to begin with the card may have shortened its life.
m
l
September 25, 2009 10:56:36 PM

Power Supply: Antec EA 500D - 500 Watt Max

Also, I have not overclocked anything.
m
l
Related resources
September 26, 2009 12:13:40 AM

what were the temps on your card reading when you were playing a game? anything higher than 95C means you should check for lint on the card, if it hasn't fried yet.
m
l
September 26, 2009 1:24:06 PM

mx2138 said:
what were the temps on your card reading when you were playing a game? anything higher than 95C means you should check for lint on the card, if it hasn't fried yet.

Card doesn't look/smell fried. I have cleaned all dust from the card. No idea on the temp on the card at the time, but I know that my fans were not going at max speed, so it couldn't have been too hot.
m
l
November 10, 2009 5:55:43 AM

Oh, it's really boring. Did you Use some tools to check it out? May be your computer had a virus, so ````
You can use kaspersky to scan your computer. Maybe this will fix.
Furthermore, some registry error also would result in those problems. Why not use Regestry Optimizer to ask for a help?
m
l
!