  • Video
  • Home Theatre
Last response: in Home Theatre
June 11, 2005 11:29:37 AM

I like the new folder feature, whereas my husband doesn't care for
folders and prefers to leave the list as is.

The settings on the DirecTivo he uses are set to "Off" for "Groups" and
sort by "Date Recorded".

Several times the settings change themselves to Groups "On" and sort
"Alphabetically" even though no one has gone in and changed the settings!

Has anyone else experienced this setting quirk? If so, does anyone know
what the solution might be to get it to keep the selected settings?

More about : groups setting quirk

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:24:59 PM

"LadyMovieFan" <movies@theater.ggg> wrote in message news:movies-C389E9.07293711062005@news.newsguy.com...
> I like the new folder feature, whereas my husband doesn't care for
> folders and prefers to leave the list as is.
>
> The settings on the DirecTivo he uses are set to "Off" for "Groups" and
> sort by "Date Recorded".
>
> Several times the settings change themselves to Groups "On" and sort
> "Alphabetically" even though no one has gone in and changed the settings!
>
> Has anyone else experienced this setting quirk? If so, does anyone know
> what the solution might be to get it to keep the selected settings?

Yes, be careful not to press numeric 1 or 2 while viewing the Now Playing List.

If you need more detail, press Enter in Now Playing List and read the Note
at the bottom of the screen.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 11:26:27 PM

In article <L7Fqe.2308$bv7.317@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
"Jack Ak" <akjack@excite.com> wrote:

> "LadyMovieFan" <movies@theater.ggg> wrote in message
> > I like the new folder feature, whereas my husband doesn't care for
> > folders and prefers to leave the list as is.
> >
> > The settings on the DirecTivo he uses are set to "Off" for "Groups" and
> > sort by "Date Recorded".
> >
> > Several times the settings change themselves to Groups "On" and sort
> > "Alphabetically" even though no one has gone in and changed the settings!
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this setting quirk? If so, does anyone know
> > what the solution might be to get it to keep the selected settings?
>
> Yes, be careful not to press numeric 1 or 2 while viewing the Now Playing
> List.
>
> If you need more detail, press Enter in Now Playing List and read the Note
> at the bottom of the screen.

No one has hit numeric 1 or 2 while viewing the Now Playing List.

My husband was in the list earlier and it was sorting without folders.

He said a moment later he went into Now Playing and it was back to using
groups (folders) without anything else at all being touched.

I'm perplexed ... just wish he didn't mind using folder option!
grrrrrrrrr
!