Help with choosing motherboard for new P55 build

I've already built a PC on the 1366 platform, i7-920, and now I'm looking to build a 1156 platform, an i5-750. I used a EVGA motherboard for the i7-920 and was mostly pleased. I was thinking of getting another one to use with the i5, but I had a couple of questions...

-I know a lot of forum members swear by Asus, is there any specific reason why I should go with Asus or another company over EVGA for my motherboard?

-I'll be mostly using this computer for gaming, so is the i5-750 a good pick, or should I spend the extra dough and get an i7-860 instead?

I already have a graphics card bought, Radeon 5850, PSU and RAM are decided as well.

I picked EVGA for the i7-920 build because most of their motherboards on that platform carry a lifetime warranty. But on the P55 platform the warranty is mostly 2-3 years for EVGA, so I'm more flexible regarding the company I go with for this motherboard. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about help choosing motherboard build
  1. Theyre all good, gigabyte seems to be best bang for buck recently, but nothing wrong with asus or evga. Stick with the i5 750, youll only gain a few frames for the extra 50$, better saving it for a extra 5850 in future, or a future build
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Intel i7 Build Intel i5