Is ElMoIsEviL a reality denier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyh

Splendid
ElMoIsEviL said...

The performance seems to be right where it should be. Although RV870 can theoretically hit up to 2.7TFLOPs, in practice it can only hit up to 1.3TFLOPs

totally false rv870 can hit 2.5tflops which was 3x 'Larrabee'.

As for when Larrabee will be released.. sometime in 2010. I think they're working to perfect their manufacturing process to get the most out of Larrabee.

Cancelled, cancelled, cancelled.

Intel seem to be making good progress on Larrabee in my opinion.

No need to comment.

Even if it doesn't beat Fermi or RV870, if it get's somewhat close.. give it two to three generations and it will compete handsomely.

That's two to three generation Larrabee won't be getting however.

You claim what I am saying as being the "same old argument" but I am basing it on historical knowledge (precedence). You simply despise Intel with a passion and wish them failure in anything they do (blind hatred). And this blind faith you have is blinding you from what most of us see as rather obvious.

Blind faith?

I think that, given the roll Intel is on and with Otellini in charge, Larrabee will be a success. I don't see it being a failure. I don't see what would lead you to think otherwise.

Ah this is blind faith.

I don't see any evidence to sustain your assertion that Larrabee is an imminent failure.

Time to remove the rose tinted glasses?

..the question you have to ask yourself is "Given Intel's current trend, is it plausible that Intel will release a product meant for failure?"... I think the answer is rather obvious...

Yes, it was rather obvious

This argument is over. I'll let the THG readers decide who won.

I'll let intel decide.

Note that all of this happened within the same post, less than a week before Larrabee got cancelled. What is it they say about people in glass houses Elmo?

earl45

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009

Wow!!! all of this from a person who believes when she's laying up dying in a hospital bed, AMD will be the cure.

jennyh

Splendid
Simple fact is, your wannabe forum hero Elmo is guilty of the exact same rabid fanboyism that he is accusing others on AMDZone of being - the evidence is above. Did he come back with an apology? No. Any admittance that he got it wrong?

No.

And I left it be until his second anti-AMD thread in as many days but now he's being called up for being the hypocrit he obviously is.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

What exactly has AMDZone got to do with this forum anyway except to serve as an outlet for frustrated AMD haters to have a go because they (rightly) got banned from there? He's a failed troll out to wind up the AMD corner and nothing else.

jennyh

Splendid
Fine close it, after his retarded past two threads are closed as well because those for sure were created with nothing else in mind except winding up AMD supporters - just like every single thread and post he has made on this forum.

cheesesubs

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
lerrabee will wipes amd out of graphical market in the wishful future. then decades later when we look back today and seeing "evergreed" display in the dumpster we will be grateful that we get rip of amd for good. same goes to nvidia..they won't last before 2011 and will be acquired by intel after the following event of bankruptcy.

the gpu-cpu unification will be complete. intel will dominating the market forever.

in the foreseeing future!

lerrabee is coming up in q1 2010

Cryslayer80

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009

It's purpose is to annoy a user that flames, not to flame, and I wholeheartedly support it. And elmo does flame, the only thing is, he flames indirectly which is even more anger inducting for objective people.

Cryslayer80

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009

Yup, I think Jenny got pwned with all this objectivity coming from objective users who are greatly informed and have an intention to greatly inform other uninformed people. Thumbs up, that is how it will be! And thy shall taste the spice of it's almighty blueness!

I have to admit, believing a company cant fail to deliver either on time or at all is showing favor.
On the other hand, I dont think Elmo is a fanboy for either camp.
Intel has been on a roll, but again, it still doesnt mean theyll stay there.
Much of that roll can be acredited to stealing/cheating/breaking various countries laws etc, and even worse, effecting its only competition from becoming more effective.
They still havnt lost anything tho, besides a few billions of dollars, more like 5 billion currently, and more if the FTC chimes in, but their fabs and people are still there, their projects, including LRB is still there etc
Having a projected dominance in the market is one thing, but its since been drastically changed, so too will its R&D and products lines.
Intel loses 600million off the top every year, its competition is stronger, its had several large monetary losses, and if LRB doesnt pan out, its spent alot of money for something they already have, but will take time, Polaris.
This is reality, and assuming Intel will forever be on this great roll isnt wise, and it wouldnt be for any tech company, not over a long duration.
What Intel has done for the length of time it has done it is unprecedented, but again, I point back to all the billions of cheating/control/lawbreaking and the weakening of its competition.
It wont last, at least not at the pace weve seen

cheesesubs

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009

that is the major reason i hate amd so much because of people like her portraying terrible example...giving people really bad image about how amd only talks trash and bring nothing but junk product to enrage the consumer.

one side excuse for amd's failure. if so why is it just gone out recently that suppose to be blew out wat before 2004? why are major menufacturer like sony/hp/dell/gateway less willing to use amd processor in their line? for example, dell(not include alienware)has 90% of line were intel's while only 10% were for amd. why? because of general consumer cant accept amd. same goes to mac/apple who being lack of support by major population of 20 years. because people dont like them.

if intel found quilty(which it had happaned) then most of major menufacturer would have to undergo the trail as well. however these big company who are much worse than intel are set still and doing dirty business. why blame intel? hewlett-packardare most to be blame and their leadership would all have to go to jail. everyone are been faulty for these mess. not just intel.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Im confused Jenny, you want Elmo to pay because hes not psycic? None of the quotes you offered up are fanyboi rants, there the rumors we had prior to the cancellation of the consumer version of Larabee.

As to the AMDZone dig, calling the 965 'superior' just because its AMD's highest binning part vs Intels lowest binning is dumb at best, but more than likely delusional, which fits pretty well with Elmo's question.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006

While I agree that the major OEMs should be brought to justice for participating, you seem to have a poor understanding of what happened. Intel payed these companys to delay, or outright cancel, product lines that featured AMD processors. It has nothing to do with 'general consumer cant accept amd.' General consumer doesnt know that AMD even exists, and most dont know what Intel makes. They just know the Blue Man Group and the jingle.

This has been done to death, and its a wonder why anyone needs be reminded.
Everyone knows Intel cheated/broke the laws, to the tune of billions of dollars.
AMD tried to give away their cpus to 1 OEM, and they didnt take them, because it went against Intels and their illegal agreement.
I wont go thru all this now again, you need to read up on it, read when Otellini said AMD had better cpus and were killing Intel.
Just read it.
If the CEO of Intel admits having worse cpus, and they were threatened, and then more illegal activities took place, its a no brainer, its all on record, theyve already been found guilty 3 times, possibly 4, and have given AMD the equivilent of 5 billion dollars for AMD to drop the suit.
Just read it

jennyh

Splendid

No elmo seems to not understand the difference between opinions and facts. If some people at AMDZone think the 965 BE is better then that is their opinion.

If elmo thought that larrabee was going to be a huge success because intel are infallible...that is also an opinion.

Elmo was *definitely* wrong however - whether or not the AMD cpu is 'better' than the intel one is still a matter of opinion. I considered his opinion on larrabee to be just as ludicrous as he considers this person at AMDZone's - and you know what? I was proven right.

As for the binning, that is a matter of timing is it not? If you'd compared the top binned AMD to the lowest binned intel last January what would the situation have looked like? What will it look like when Thuban is released?

cheesesubs

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009

i believe it was flamed by these menufactuer since intel had become underdog in court for 2 years. it has no evidence prove that intel paid them to cancel or delay amd platform from being publish. also it was an excuse to justified their action were innocent in past because intel "force" them to do it. if so why did it blew out earlier? why are these supplier chose to tolerated? that doesn't make sense at all!!! and yet i agree this part that general population did not know about amd. but based of their ignorance was because these oem that was cover the public audience for ppurpose. intel was totally innocent except the x86 license part.

Heres one for cheesesubs
sfar2c.jpg

cheesesubs

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009

i readed it and it was totally ridiculous that these major oem should be the one that been responsible for all of these mess. intel was obviously flamed by these fatcat. they admitted these was because they had lawsuit in 5 country and they want to get out of that mess as early as possible before the negative effect spread in stock holder and cause them retreat.

why didn't hewlett packard ceo and dell leadership go to court? why didnt they put in trail?

yeah i believe lerrabee is better than evergreed

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
How can you say that Larabee wont be a 'huge success' when its not here yet? That is your opinion. Nowhere do I see where he said 'This is gospel, believe or die!' Nor in his AMDZone thread did he say they wern't entitled to an opinion. He simply asked in what dreamworld they lived where those opinoins seem rational. He then highlighted a couple of quotes that seem to highlight this behavior.

Lets see.
How did this all help HP or Dell?
Ask yourself that first.
Does buying Intel exclusive cpus help them in any way? Not when AMDs were faster, which they were at the time. Same for Dell.
So, who does it help? The motive lies at the feet of Intel and Intel only, as Intels motive was to control the market, and diminish AMD as much as possible, which they did.
Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS