This is a tricky one

mildiner86

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
Right this is the problem:

PC stutters every now and then, it will mini freeze for like half a second every few seconds for say a minute then be fine, some times it will then completely freeze after a min of this or carry on and be fine. then after the restart it will halt on the SATA drive boot up and sometimes say disk read error. if i disconnect any sata drive and reattach it boots fine

What i Know:

I have run mem test and tried running on 2 different sets of ram, iv tried a differnt PUS, iv tried win 7, vista, linux and XP and still does the same. iv loaded my OS onto a RAID 0 2 x 500 GB WD first, but now my win 7 is loaded onto a single 1TB WD HDD, iv run disk checker on all the drives but none have errors.

i thought it was just one hard drive playing up but if i seem to run the PC on like 2 HDD's it seems to behave if i add another 1 or 2 into the mix it seems to cause the problem.

so really confused lol

any suggestions?

mildiner86

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008

The system stutters on normal desktop when doing nothing i can really tell when i may just be playing some music as u can hear it too.

as for spec:

Q6600 @ 2.8 Ghz
8800 Ultra
4 GB DDR2 800mz OCZ ram
3 X 500 GB HDD (1x 1TB HDD with win7)
EVGA 680i
temps are around 50
750W Thermal take tough power
TV card
and Belkin G wifi card

Check your device manager under "system" in the control panel for any conflicts, which will have a mark next to the device. You can have windows update the driver, or uninstall the device and reboot if you have the driver on the motherboard cd.

Also, bring up Task Manager when it happens and check the Processes tab for any background task soaking up CPU cycles. Look in the CPU column to check the CPU utilization of the running processes.

TRENDING THREADS