Thermalright True Spirit 120 - is it enough?

hello everybody.

I am about ready to start working on my first build. I have researched a lot over the last few weeks and I am about to pull to trigger on all the parts now.

One of the things I am still not sure about is my CPU cooler. I am looking at the True Spirit 120, which is roughly 20€ here and seems to be the best 120mm fan cooler available for that price.

I am not planning to do anything crazy but I want to try and get my i5 2500k running at 4.5 ghz.
I am also trying to keep the noise as low as possible.

will the True Spirit 120 be sufficient?

the True Spirit 140 goes for around 37+ € , same for the Scythe Mugen 3 which are two of the more expensive coolers I was looking at.

The case I will be using is very likely going to be either the Fractal Design Define R3 or CM Storm Trooper.
2 answers Last reply
More about thermalright true spirit enough
  1. Yes the TS 120 is fine(one of the best) for that cpu and oc.
    Realize that the aftermarket coolers you've mention will not fit in a Phantom if you install the 200mm sidefan.
  2. I am actually not going with the Phantom anymore from the looks of it. Thanks for mentioning it, I already read about larger cpu coolers not fitting properly if you use the big sidefan, just didn't realize those were already too big :ange:
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Thermalright Overclocking Product