  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 9, 2005 6:54:16 PM

From http://www.simszone.de/

"Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen. Baue
Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende Nichtsnutze,
um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."

Which sounds like the Business EP to me

More about : item

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:55:23 PM

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> From http://www.simszone.de/
>
> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
> Baue Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu
> Hause. Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
> Nichtsnutze, um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>

> Which sounds like the Business EP to me

LOL I will take your word for it. Thanks for posting this.

deene
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 7:17:38 PM

"deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message

> "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> From http://www.simszone.de/
>>
>> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
>> Baue Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu
>> Hause. Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
>> Nichtsnutze, um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>>

>> Which sounds like the Business EP to me
>>
> LOL I will take your word for it. Thanks for posting this.

Heh, well I don't know German either, but some words are close enough to
English it's not hard to figure out. Like "Nachtclub" is clearly Nightclub

But a translation from someone who does speak German (or read it)

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&...

"Because in the Spring we expect businesses in the Sims expansion pack. The
description is as follows:
For the first time ever your Sims can open their own businesses. Build
shops, restaurants, nightclubs or work independently from home. Employ
friendly and hard-working staff and fire (worthless losers - my loose
translation!), to satisfy your customers."

Anyway, apparently the game isn't out in Germany, but is out in Switzerland
, which is where this came from. (As opposed to the people who had it
yesterday in Brazil, who said there wasn't any annoucement in the case)
September 10, 2005 12:00:16 AM

Jeremy Reaban wrote:

>From http://www.simszone.de/
>
> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen. Baue
>Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
>Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende Nichtsnutze,
>um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>

>Which sounds like the Business EP to me

YES!!!! *does happy dance* thanks for posting Jeremy, my fingers are
crossed.

----Sandra
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 2:12:35 AM

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:54:16 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
<trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>From http://www.simszone.de/
>
> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen. Baue
>Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
>Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende Nichtsnutze,
>um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>

>Which sounds like the Business EP to me

Translation:

"For the first time, start your own business. Build shops,
restaurants, nightclubs, or work independantly from home. Take care of
friendly and unfriendly employees and configure your shop (or
something) to please customers."

My german is a little rusty... are Swiss players CONFIRMING that they
have gotten an ad with their Nightlife game, or is this merely from
the text that was presented in the survey?

*drool*
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in
<snip>
> My german is a little rusty... are Swiss players CONFIRMING that they
> have gotten an ad with their Nightlife game, or is this merely from
> the text that was presented in the survey?

There's a whole bunch of Swiss people who have the game in this thread:

http://www.simforum.de/showthread.php?s=ed041f2ef2a7dca...

Since my German is non-existant, I've been using Babelfish to translate it,
and it's funny, it transles "Sim" as " windshield frame section"
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 2:18:50 AM

For the first time your sims can open themed (? the translation is actually
'characteristic') businesses. Shops, restaurants, nightclubs can be built
or (your sim) can work from home. One can employ friendly and diligent
employees and can fire miserable good-for-nothings to benefit (your
business) and to keep your customers satisfied.

Something like that anyway.
Best wishes
maxon

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> From http://www.simszone.de/
>
> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
Baue
> Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
> Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
Nichtsnutze,
> um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>

> Which sounds like the Business EP to me

Anonymous
September 10, 2005 2:21:19 AM

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:17:38 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
<trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Anyway, apparently the game isn't out in Germany, but is out in Switzerland
>, which is where this came from. (As opposed to the people who had it
>yesterday in Brazil, who said there wasn't any annoucement in the case)

I read german, or did, a few years ago, and to me it sounds like
speculation. They are expecting it based on the survey a couple of
months ago. I'm not so certain... an EP takes a lot of planning before
you can just start making it. Or maybe it was a test to see what
elements of those they had fleshed out people would like to see, in
which case it's perfectly possible... a business EP where you run
EXACTLY the same establishments are as present in Nightlife WOULD be a
very 'natural' next step and progression... *shrug*

Dying to see which it is, though :-)
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 2:46:04 AM

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:34:58 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
<trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Since my German is non-existant, I've been using Babelfish to translate it,
>and it's funny, it transles "Sim" as " windshield frame section"

Damn, I knew I should have paid more attention in class :-)

Anyway, at least they're posting some cool pictures.
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 5:00:45 PM

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:54:16 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
<trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>From http://www.simszone.de/
>
> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen. Baue
>Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
>Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende Nichtsnutze,
>um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>

>Which sounds like the Business EP to me

It's mentioned here too...
http://spzone.simparool.nl/

But my dutch is even worse than my german, so... and I'm confused. Is
this a real thing, or are they just speculating?
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 7:20:50 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> It's mentioned here too...
> http://spzone.simparool.nl/
>
> But my dutch is even worse than my german, so... and I'm confused. Is
> this a real thing, or are they just speculating?

It is my first language and it says as much as the German quote. It also
says the title will (probably) be businesslife.

Neelix
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 8:02:39 PM

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:20:50 +0200, Neelix
<nospam@borlanddelphi.cjb.net> wrote:

>It is my first language and it says as much as the German quote. It also
>says the title will (probably) be businesslife.

Thanks for the translation. Well, it all seems purely speculatory to
me. Although I agree it is not UNLIKELY we will get a business EP, I
still think it's completely up in the air what we'll end up getting.
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 9:05:18 PM

> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:54:16 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
> <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>From http://www.simszone.de/
>>
>> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
>> Baue
>>Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
>>Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
>>Nichtsnutze,
>>um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>>

>>Which sounds like the Business EP to me
>
> Translation:
>
> "For the first time, start your own business. Build shops,
> restaurants, nightclubs, or work independantly from home. Take care of
> friendly and unfriendly employees and configure your shop (or
> something) to please customers."

Friendly amandment:
"For the first time ever, your sims can open their own businesses. Build
shops, restaurants, night clubs or work independently from your home. Hire
friendly and industrious employees and fire miserable slackers, to satisfy
your customers."

Also from the website:
" Während die deutschen Fans noch knapp eine Woche bis zum Release von
Nightlife warten müssen, können sich die Schweizer bereits seit heute mit
ihren Sims in das Nachtleben stürzen. " [...] " Denn wie schon bei Wilde
Campus-Jahre wird auch diesmal in der Bedienungsanleitung AddOn Nummer drei
vorgestellt. Dabei bestätigt sich das Thema, über welches wir euch schon im
Juni(!) informiert und sogar eine Umfrage dazu gestartet haben. " [...]
"Denn so erwartet uns im Frühjahr das Erweiterung Pack Die Sims machen
Geschäfte. "

Translation:
"While the German fans have to wait for almost a week before the release of
Nightlife, the Swiss can already get their Sims involved in the nightlife
starting today." [...] "Just like the University add-on, the manual includes
an introduction for the third expansion. This confirms the theme we already
informed you about in June and created a poll about. " [...] "Next Spring,
we can expect the expansion pack "The Sims go into Business"."

Hope this helps,

Yvette

Denn so erwartet uns im Frühjahr das Erweiterung Pack Die Sims machen
Geschäfte. Die Beschreibung dazu liest sich wie folgt:
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 9:11:52 PM

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:05:18 +0200, "Yvette Hoitink" <hoitink @ home .
nl (spaces added to avoid spam)> wrote:

>Hope this helps,

It explains everything, hehe, thank you :-)
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 10:44:21 PM

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> From http://www.simszone.de/
>
> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
> Baue Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu
> Hause. Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
> Nichtsnutze, um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>

> Which sounds like the Business EP to me

Yeah I probably won`t buy it, but I probably have, to for the other
extra suff that ussually comes with it.
I don`t want a job, I don`t want to start a restaurant.
I cheated myself in having won the lottery, and the motherload
makes me happily rich and independant ;o)
I wish I could do the same IRL ;o)
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 10:47:22 PM

> "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> From http://www.simszone.de/
>>>
>>> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
>>> Baue Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu
>>> Hause. Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
>>> Nichtsnutze, um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>>>

>>> Which sounds like the Business EP to me
>>>
>> LOL I will take your word for it. Thanks for posting this.
>
> Heh, well I don't know German either, but some words are close enough to
> English it's not hard to figure out. Like "Nachtclub" is clearly Nightclub
>
> But a translation from someone who does speak German (or read it)
>
> http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&...
>
> "Because in the Spring we expect businesses in the Sims expansion pack.
> The description is as follows:
> For the first time ever your Sims can open their own businesses. Build
> shops, restaurants, nightclubs or work independently from home. Employ
> friendly and hard-working staff and fire (worthless losers - my loose
> translation!), to satisfy your customers."

Bad translation, 'good for nothing' s (Hmm how to translate "elende" ;o) )

> Anyway, apparently the game isn't out in Germany, but is out in
> Switzerland , which is where this came from. (As opposed to the people who
> had it yesterday in Brazil, who said there wasn't any annoucement in the
> case)

Anonymous
September 10, 2005 10:48:17 PM

"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> Jeremy Reaban wrote:
>
>>From http://www.simszone.de/
>>
>> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
>> Baue Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu
>> Hause. Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
>> Nichtsnutze, um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>>

>>Which sounds like the Business EP to me
>>

> YES!!!! *does happy dance* thanks for posting Jeremy, my fingers are
> crossed.

Mine too, hoping that they won`t go 'business' ;o)

> ----Sandra
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 10:50:34 PM

"Yvette Hoitink" <hoitink @ home . nl (spaces added to avoid spam)> schreef
in bericht news:D fusnb$thj$1@news4.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...

> "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:54:16 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
>> <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>From http://www.simszone.de/
>>>
>>> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
>>> Baue
>>>Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
>>>Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
>>>Nichtsnutze,
>>>um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>>>

>>>Which sounds like the Business EP to me
>>
>> Translation:
>>
>> "For the first time, start your own business. Build shops,
>> restaurants, nightclubs, or work independantly from home. Take care of
>> friendly and unfriendly employees and configure your shop (or
>> something) to please customers."
>>

> Friendly amandment:
> "For the first time ever, your sims can open their own businesses. Build
> shops, restaurants, night clubs or work independently from your home. Hire
> friendly and industrious employees and fire miserable slackers, to satisfy
> your customers."

Hmm miserable, yep the best translation of 'elende', thanks.
Slackers is oky, but it is 'good for nothing's ;o)

> Also from the website:
> " Während die deutschen Fans noch knapp eine Woche bis zum Release von
> Nightlife warten müssen, können sich die Schweizer bereits seit heute mit
> ihren Sims in das Nachtleben stürzen. " [...] " Denn wie schon bei Wilde
> Campus-Jahre wird auch diesmal in der Bedienungsanleitung AddOn Nummer
> drei vorgestellt. Dabei bestätigt sich das Thema, über welches wir euch
> schon im Juni(!) informiert und sogar eine Umfrage dazu gestartet haben. "
> [...] "Denn so erwartet uns im Frühjahr das Erweiterung Pack Die Sims
> machen Geschäfte. "
>
> Translation:
> "While the German fans have to wait for almost a week before the release
> of Nightlife, the Swiss can already get their Sims involved in the
> nightlife starting today." [...] "Just like the University add-on, the
> manual includes an introduction for the third expansion. This confirms the
> theme we already informed you about in June and created a poll about. "
> [...] "Next Spring, we can expect the expansion pack "The Sims go into
> Business"."
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Yvette
>

> Denn so erwartet uns im Frühjahr das Erweiterung Pack Die Sims machen
> Geschäfte. Die Beschreibung dazu liest sich wie folgt:

Anonymous
September 10, 2005 10:52:38 PM

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> schreef in bericht
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:54:16 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
> <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>From http://www.simszone.de/
>>
>> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
>> Baue
>>Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
>>Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
>>Nichtsnutze,
>>um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>>

>>Which sounds like the Business EP to me
>
> It's mentioned here too...
> http://spzone.simparool.nl/
>
> But my dutch is even worse than my german, so... and I'm confused. Is
> this a real thing, or are they just speculating?

My dutch is better than my german, slightly ;o)
I hope it isn`t true but I think it is, bummer.
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 10:58:10 PM

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:48:17 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:

>Mine too, hoping that they won`t go 'business' ;o)

They have :-\
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 10:59:01 PM

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:52:38 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:

>My dutch is better than my german, slightly ;o)
>I hope it isn`t true but I think it is, bummer.

I posted the link to a scan in another thread, and it's legit... I'm a
little dissappointed, but any EP is a good EP as far as I'm concerned
:-)
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
September 11, 2005 2:37:43 PM

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:58:10 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:48:17 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:
>
>>Mine too, hoping that they won`t go 'business' ;o)
>
>They have :-\

Good, I'll save money then:-)
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 3:48:44 PM

I can't say I'm mad keen on the idea of running a business either. I'm
self-employed so the idea of my sims living hand-to-mouth while they get set
up and then managing day-to-day stuff doesn't appeal much. But then the
sims is so materialistic, I suppose making money in a business is a logical
step.

Mind you I wasn't too keen on the Nightlife idea either though I shall be
pleased to be able to have proper restaurants. The cars I can live without
but I am looking forward to the improved views in the lots, the new roof
line cheat, rugs, and the new way of dealing with packaging lots (not before
time). And the vampires might be fun.

Best wishes
maxon

"Strider" <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in message
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:58:10 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
> <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:48:17 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:
> >
> >>Mine too, hoping that they won`t go 'business' ;o)
> >
> >They have :-\
>
> Good, I'll save money then:-)
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 7:28:20 PM

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:48:44 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>I can't say I'm mad keen on the idea of running a business either. I'm

I was skeptical, then I got a wee bit excited, now I'm a bit skeptical
again. I don't know, I hope it's more fun than work.

>Mind you I wasn't too keen on the Nightlife idea either though I shall be
>pleased to be able to have proper restaurants. The cars I can live without

HEATHEN! :-)

>but I am looking forward to the improved views in the lots, the new roof
>line cheat, rugs, and the new way of dealing with packaging lots (not before
>time). And the vampires might be fun.

Totally... there's enough in here to keep us going for a while.
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 7:37:21 PM

Maxon wrote:
> I can't say I'm mad keen on the idea of running a business either. I'm
> self-employed so the idea of my sims living hand-to-mouth while they get set
> up and then managing day-to-day stuff doesn't appeal much. But then the
> sims is so materialistic, I suppose making money in a business is a logical
> step.
>
> Mind you I wasn't too keen on the Nightlife idea either though I shall be
> pleased to be able to have proper restaurants. The cars I can live without
> but I am looking forward to the improved views in the lots, the new roof
> line cheat, rugs, and the new way of dealing with packaging lots (not before
> time). And the vampires might be fun.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

And that's the way it is with all the expansion packs. In the Sims1, I
never cared to take my sims on vacation, it was boring as hell, but I
did like the new objects that came with that expansion. I kept running
into stuff I wanted to download that said you had to have Vacation in
order to get the original object it was cloned from. So, I finally
bought it. The only expansion pack I really was interested in was
Unleashed, but I had them all because of the objects.

Truth be told, I don't care much for the whole University thing, but I
do like those new objects and that new 45 degree angle cheat.

Jeanie
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 8:24:02 PM

Yeah, I think you're absolutely right there. That's exactly how it is and I
shall probably get the next EP for that reason. I don't know, perhaps I'll
learn to enjoy it but as a gameplay idea, it doesn't really run up my
flagpole.

I FINALLY got into Vacation after a lot of trying. It improved after I DL a
working airport system and I built a huge airport Downtown with lots of
lovely shops I DL from various places. It even had sound effects - that was
a great hack. I used to take Cornelia Goth off for furtive but torrid
weekends with her young fancy man. I downloaded a lovely set of beach stuff
too, I had a real tropical affair with masses of greenery (to hide behind)
and golden sands and a sea your sims could swim in (it was a cover for a
pool) - oh, and a Honeymoon Hotel which was popular too. As I principally
like story-telling it was quite fun inventing places where sims could go
away and behave badly - as opposed to behaving badly at home that is. It
would work a lot better with Sims 2.

I think I must be the only person in the world to put Gunther and Cornelia
Goth back in my Sims 2 game. They've just had Mortimer and Cornelia is now
merrily bang... I mean woohoo-ing the gardener behind her husband's back. I
think I had the most fun with those two in the original game, subverting
their apparent respectability. To someone like me, that's like a red rag to
a bull. Respectability and overt piety bring out the worst in me - sadly.

I'm also in the small minority that like University but then I am a student
myself and education is a really important part of my life (especially as I
am also a teacher). The only things I'd like to change would be that it's
far too easy to get the sims to do well (unless you restrict their skill
gains, they nearly always get an A just by attending classes and doing a
term paper - not like real life at all - dream on) and that sims can only go
at one stage in their life. I'm a mature student and it would be nice if
sims could go back to college as adults. I don't know about elsewhere in
the world but in the UK mature students form quite a significant and
sizeable minority in university life these days. I'd also like a post-grad
option for my knowledge sims but I suppose that's asking a bit much. Maybe
someone will do it as a hack. I've also had a lot of fun doing my versions
of college buildings I know (and like working in) - not so much recreating
them as trying to recreate the atmosphere of them. I made a lovely
Palladian library (based on our Arts Faculty) that has a grand entrance hall
and splendid leafy grounds. I can't wait for NL so that I can tame the roof
lines to look more sensible.

I think one of the strengths of the game is how much people can get out of
it in very different ways.

Best wishes
maxon

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> And that's the way it is with all the expansion packs. In the Sims1, I
> never cared to take my sims on vacation, it was boring as hell, but I
> did like the new objects that came with that expansion. I kept running
> into stuff I wanted to download that said you had to have Vacation in
> order to get the original object it was cloned from. So, I finally
> bought it. The only expansion pack I really was interested in was
> Unleashed, but I had them all because of the objects.
>
> Truth be told, I don't care much for the whole University thing, but I
> do like those new objects and that new 45 degree angle cheat.
>
> Jeanie
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 10:08:31 PM

Maxon wrote:
> Yeah, I think you're absolutely right there. That's exactly how it is and I
> shall probably get the next EP for that reason. I don't know, perhaps I'll
> learn to enjoy it but as a gameplay idea, it doesn't really run up my
> flagpole.

Mine either. I do like the idea of being able to earn a living at home,
though. I could care less about the cars, though I might change my mind
once I see them in action.

> I think I must be the only person in the world to put Gunther and Cornelia
> Goth back in my Sims 2 game. They've just had Mortimer and Cornelia is now
> merrily bang... I mean woohoo-ing the gardener behind her husband's back. I
> think I had the most fun with those two in the original game, subverting
> their apparent respectability. To someone like me, that's like a red rag to
> a bull. Respectability and overt piety bring out the worst in me - sadly.

That's not sad at all. I enjoy seeing upper echelons brought down a peg
or two myself. I've not put any of the old sims back into my game. I
kind of miss Bob and Betty Newbie and did recreate them for
Pleasantville, and I added Mama and Eldon Hick, whom I also enjoyed, but
they just aren't the same without the hounds.

I'm a mature student and it would be nice if
> sims could go back to college as adults. I don't know about elsewhere in
> the world but in the UK mature students form quite a significant and
> sizeable minority in university life these days.

It's the same here. I went back at the age of 37 to get my accounting
degree. Took me three years and I was quite proud of it until I
realized that I was out there competing for entry level jobs with
20-somethings. After working for a year as a glorified bookkeeper for
$8 an hour I said to hell with it and "retired." I'm still glad I got
the degree, though, even if it didn't help me out much.

I'd also like a post-grad
> option for my knowledge sims but I suppose that's asking a bit much. Maybe
> someone will do it as a hack. I've also had a lot of fun doing my versions
> of college buildings I know (and like working in) - not so much recreating
> them as trying to recreate the atmosphere of them. I made a lovely
> Palladian library (based on our Arts Faculty) that has a grand entrance hall
> and splendid leafy grounds. I can't wait for NL so that I can tame the roof
> lines to look more sensible.

I'm looking forward to that, too, but from what I've read in here, the
new cheat will change the pitch of all the roofs on that lot. Granted,
we'll be able to make more realistic tract houses, and other 1950s
buildings, but I'll reserve my opinion until I've had a chance to fool
with it a little bit.

> I think one of the strengths of the game is how much people can get out of
> it in very different ways.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

Yes, it's what makes it the top selling game of all time, I think.

Jeanie
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 10:44:01 PM

> I think I must be the only person in the world to put Gunther and Cornelia
> Goth back in my Sims 2 game. They've just had Mortimer and Cornelia is
> now
> merrily bang... I mean woohoo-ing the gardener behind her husband's back.
> think I had the most fun with those two in the original game, subverting
> their apparent respectability. To someone like me, that's like a red rag
> a bull. Respectability and overt piety bring out the worst in me - sadly.

No you aren't. I rebuilt the original Sims neighborhood and Gunther and
Cornelia happily lived the life of the rich and carefree. (The game really
needs a pool boy or two, doesn't it?) They, Mortimer and his brother and
sister, Menalaus and Desdemona, continued the family tradition. I'm looking
forward to their use of NL to make their reanimation even happier and more
decadent.

> I'm also in the small minority that like University but then I am a
> student
> myself and education is a really important part of my life (especially as
> am also a teacher).

It would be nice to see that, perhaps while they are developing the new
Business EP they can improve the education requirements.
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 6:26:24 PM

> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:48:17 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:
>
>>Mine too, hoping that they won`t go 'business' ;o)
>
> They have :-\

Hehehem wait until I set the moral majority on them, then
it will be "religion" hehehe, Just have to write Bush and
convince him that america needs more religious values, now that won`t be
hard ;o)
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 6:27:27 PM

> On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:48:44 GMT, "Maxon"
> <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>I can't say I'm mad keen on the idea of running a business either. I'm
>
> I was skeptical, then I got a wee bit excited, now I'm a bit skeptical
> again. I don't know, I hope it's more fun than work.
>
>>Mind you I wasn't too keen on the Nightlife idea either though I shall be
>>pleased to be able to have proper restaurants. The cars I can live
>>without
>
> HEATHEN! :-)

Neah, I don`t want a car either, just a mountainbike.;o)
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 7:46:21 PM

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:26:24 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:

>Hehehem wait until I set the moral majority on them, then
>it will be "religion" hehehe, Just have to write Bush and
>convince him that america needs more religious values, now that won`t be
>hard ;o)

Religion... big business... same thing :-p
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 1:50:22 AM

D.E. wrote:

> Neah, I don`t want a car either, just a mountainbike.;o)

A skateboard. A surfplank! Skates! I want a bicycle too. Most of all,
I'd want them to be able to _walk_.

T.
!