Another next EP item...

From http://www.simszone.de/

"Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen. Baue
Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende Nichtsnutze,
um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."

Which sounds like the Business EP to me

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> From http://www.simszone.de/
>
> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
> Baue Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu
> Hause. Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
> Nichtsnutze, um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>

> Which sounds like the Business EP to me

LOL I will take your word for it. Thanks for posting this.

deene

"deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message

> "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> From http://www.simszone.de/
>>
>> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
>> Baue Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu
>> Hause. Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
>> Nichtsnutze, um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>>

>> Which sounds like the Business EP to me
>>
> LOL I will take your word for it. Thanks for posting this.

Heh, well I don't know German either, but some words are close enough to
English it's not hard to figure out. Like "Nachtclub" is clearly Nightclub

But a translation from someone who does speak German (or read it)

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=item.81,root.1,item.43,item.41,item.23&threadID=9acfb612d4d5c33def9cea8172f94a00&directoryID=81&startRow=1

"Because in the Spring we expect businesses in the Sims expansion pack. The
description is as follows:
For the first time ever your Sims can open their own businesses. Build
shops, restaurants, nightclubs or work independently from home. Employ
friendly and hard-working staff and fire (worthless losers - my loose
translation!), to satisfy your customers."

Anyway, apparently the game isn't out in Germany, but is out in Switzerland
, which is where this came from. (As opposed to the people who had it
yesterday in Brazil, who said there wasn't any annoucement in the case)

Jeremy Reaban wrote:

>From http://www.simszone.de/
>
> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen. Baue
>Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
>Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende Nichtsnutze,
>um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>

>Which sounds like the Business EP to me

YES!!!! *does happy dance* thanks for posting Jeremy, my fingers are
crossed.

----Sandra

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:54:16 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
<trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>From http://www.simszone.de/
>
> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen. Baue
>Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
>Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende Nichtsnutze,
>um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>

>Which sounds like the Business EP to me

Translation:

"For the first time, start your own business. Build shops,
restaurants, nightclubs, or work independantly from home. Take care of
friendly and unfriendly employees and configure your shop (or
something) to please customers."

My german is a little rusty... are Swiss players CONFIRMING that they
have gotten an ad with their Nightlife game, or is this merely from
the text that was presented in the survey?

*drool*
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in
<snip>
> My german is a little rusty... are Swiss players CONFIRMING that they
> have gotten an ad with their Nightlife game, or is this merely from
> the text that was presented in the survey?

There's a whole bunch of Swiss people who have the game in this thread:

http://www.simforum.de/showthread.php?s=ed041f2ef2a7dca9a2728341e5edfd95&t=110754

Since my German is non-existant, I've been using Babelfish to translate it,
and it's funny, it transles "Sim" as " windshield frame section"

For the first time your sims can open themed (? the translation is actually
'characteristic') businesses. Shops, restaurants, nightclubs can be built
or (your sim) can work from home. One can employ friendly and diligent
employees and can fire miserable good-for-nothings to benefit (your
business) and to keep your customers satisfied.

Something like that anyway.
Best wishes
maxon

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> From http://www.simszone.de/
>
> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
Baue
> Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
> Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
Nichtsnutze,
> um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>

> Which sounds like the Business EP to me

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:17:38 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
<trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Anyway, apparently the game isn't out in Germany, but is out in Switzerland
>, which is where this came from. (As opposed to the people who had it
>yesterday in Brazil, who said there wasn't any annoucement in the case)

I read german, or did, a few years ago, and to me it sounds like
speculation. They are expecting it based on the survey a couple of
months ago. I'm not so certain... an EP takes a lot of planning before
you can just start making it. Or maybe it was a test to see what
elements of those they had fleshed out people would like to see, in
which case it's perfectly possible... a business EP where you run
EXACTLY the same establishments are as present in Nightlife WOULD be a
very 'natural' next step and progression... *shrug*

Dying to see which it is, though :)
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:34:58 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
<trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Since my German is non-existant, I've been using Babelfish to translate it,
>and it's funny, it transles "Sim" as " windshield frame section"

Damn, I knew I should have paid more attention in class :)

Anyway, at least they're posting some cool pictures.
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:54:16 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
<trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>From http://www.simszone.de/
>
> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen. Baue
>Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
>Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende Nichtsnutze,
>um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>

>Which sounds like the Business EP to me

It's mentioned here too...
http://spzone.simparool.nl/

But my dutch is even worse than my german, so... and I'm confused. Is
this a real thing, or are they just speculating?
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> It's mentioned here too...
> http://spzone.simparool.nl/
>
> But my dutch is even worse than my german, so... and I'm confused. Is
> this a real thing, or are they just speculating?

It is my first language and it says as much as the German quote. It also
says the title will (probably) be businesslife.

Neelix

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:20:50 +0200, Neelix
<nospam@borlanddelphi.cjb.net> wrote:

>It is my first language and it says as much as the German quote. It also
>says the title will (probably) be businesslife.

Thanks for the translation. Well, it all seems purely speculatory to
me. Although I agree it is not UNLIKELY we will get a business EP, I
still think it's completely up in the air what we'll end up getting.
--

> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:54:16 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
> <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>From http://www.simszone.de/
>>
>> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
>> Baue
>>Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
>>Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
>>Nichtsnutze,
>>um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>>

>>Which sounds like the Business EP to me
>
> Translation:
>
> "For the first time, start your own business. Build shops,
> restaurants, nightclubs, or work independantly from home. Take care of
> friendly and unfriendly employees and configure your shop (or
> something) to please customers."

Friendly amandment:
"For the first time ever, your sims can open their own businesses. Build
shops, restaurants, night clubs or work independently from your home. Hire
friendly and industrious employees and fire miserable slackers, to satisfy
your customers."

Also from the website:
" Während die deutschen Fans noch knapp eine Woche bis zum Release von
Nightlife warten müssen, können sich die Schweizer bereits seit heute mit
ihren Sims in das Nachtleben stürzen. " [...] " Denn wie schon bei Wilde
Campus-Jahre wird auch diesmal in der Bedienungsanleitung AddOn Nummer drei
vorgestellt. Dabei bestätigt sich das Thema, über welches wir euch schon im
Juni(!) informiert und sogar eine Umfrage dazu gestartet haben. " [...]
"Denn so erwartet uns im Frühjahr das Erweiterung Pack Die Sims machen
Geschäfte. "

Translation:
"While the German fans have to wait for almost a week before the release of
Nightlife, the Swiss can already get their Sims involved in the nightlife
starting today." [...] "Just like the University add-on, the manual includes
an introduction for the third expansion. This confirms the theme we already
informed you about in June and created a poll about. " [...] "Next Spring,
we can expect the expansion pack "The Sims go into Business"."

Hope this helps,

Yvette

Denn so erwartet uns im Frühjahr das Erweiterung Pack Die Sims machen
Geschäfte. Die Beschreibung dazu liest sich wie folgt:

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:05:18 +0200, "Yvette Hoitink" <hoitink @ home .
nl (spaces added to avoid spam)> wrote:

>Hope this helps,

It explains everything, hehe, thank you :)
--

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> From http://www.simszone.de/
>
> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
> Baue Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu
> Hause. Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
> Nichtsnutze, um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>

> Which sounds like the Business EP to me

Yeah I probably won`t buy it, but I probably have, to for the other
extra suff that ussually comes with it.
I don`t want a job, I don`t want to start a restaurant.
I cheated myself in having won the lottery, and the motherload
makes me happily rich and independant ;o)
I wish I could do the same IRL ;o)

> "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> From http://www.simszone.de/
>>>
>>> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
>>> Baue Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu
>>> Hause. Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
>>> Nichtsnutze, um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>>>

>>> Which sounds like the Business EP to me
>>>
>> LOL I will take your word for it. Thanks for posting this.
>
> Heh, well I don't know German either, but some words are close enough to
> English it's not hard to figure out. Like "Nachtclub" is clearly Nightclub
>
> But a translation from someone who does speak German (or read it)
>
> http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=item.81,root.1,item.43,item.41,item.23&threadID=9acfb612d4d5c33def9cea8172f94a00&directoryID=81&startRow=1
>
> "Because in the Spring we expect businesses in the Sims expansion pack.
> The description is as follows:
> For the first time ever your Sims can open their own businesses. Build
> shops, restaurants, nightclubs or work independently from home. Employ
> friendly and hard-working staff and fire (worthless losers - my loose
> translation!), to satisfy your customers."

Bad translation, 'good for nothing' s (Hmm how to translate "elende" ;o) )

"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> Jeremy Reaban wrote:
>
>>From http://www.simszone.de/
>>
>> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
>> Baue Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu
>> Hause. Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
>> Nichtsnutze, um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>>

>>Which sounds like the Business EP to me
>>

> YES!!!! *does happy dance* thanks for posting Jeremy, my fingers are
> crossed.

Mine too, hoping that they won`t go 'business' ;o)

"Yvette Hoitink" <hoitink @ home . nl (spaces added to avoid spam)> schreef
in bericht news:dfusnb$thj$1@news4.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...

> "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:54:16 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
>> <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>From http://www.simszone.de/
>>>
>>> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
>>> Baue
>>>Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
>>>Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
>>>Nichtsnutze,
>>>um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>>>

>>>Which sounds like the Business EP to me
>>
>> Translation:
>>
>> "For the first time, start your own business. Build shops,
>> restaurants, nightclubs, or work independantly from home. Take care of
>> friendly and unfriendly employees and configure your shop (or
>> something) to please customers."
>>

> Friendly amandment:
> "For the first time ever, your sims can open their own businesses. Build
> shops, restaurants, night clubs or work independently from your home. Hire
> friendly and industrious employees and fire miserable slackers, to satisfy
> your customers."

Hmm miserable, yep the best translation of 'elende', thanks.
Slackers is oky, but it is 'good for nothing's ;o)

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> schreef in bericht
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:54:16 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
> <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>From http://www.simszone.de/
>>
>> "Zum ersten Mal überhaupt können deine Sims eigene Geschäfte eröffnen.
>> Baue
>>Shops, Restaurant, Nachtclubs oder arbeite selbstständig von zu Hause.
>>Stelle freundlich und fleißige Angestellte ein und feure elende
>>Nichtsnutze,
>>um deine Kunden zufrieden zu stellen."
>>

>>Which sounds like the Business EP to me
>
> It's mentioned here too...
> http://spzone.simparool.nl/
>
> But my dutch is even worse than my german, so... and I'm confused. Is
> this a real thing, or are they just speculating?

My dutch is better than my german, slightly ;o)
I hope it isn`t true but I think it is, bummer.

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:48:17 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:

>Mine too, hoping that they won`t go 'business' ;o)

They have :-\
--

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:52:38 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:

>My dutch is better than my german, slightly ;o)
>I hope it isn`t true but I think it is, bummer.

I posted the link to a scan in another thread, and it's legit... I'm a
little dissappointed, but any EP is a good EP as far as I'm concerned
:)
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

strider

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:58:10 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:48:17 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:
>
>>Mine too, hoping that they won`t go 'business' ;o)
>
>They have :-\

Good, I'll save money then:)

I can't say I'm mad keen on the idea of running a business either. I'm
self-employed so the idea of my sims living hand-to-mouth while they get set
up and then managing day-to-day stuff doesn't appeal much. But then the
sims is so materialistic, I suppose making money in a business is a logical
step.

Mind you I wasn't too keen on the Nightlife idea either though I shall be
pleased to be able to have proper restaurants. The cars I can live without
but I am looking forward to the improved views in the lots, the new roof
line cheat, rugs, and the new way of dealing with packaging lots (not before
time). And the vampires might be fun.

Best wishes
maxon

"Strider" <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in message
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:58:10 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
> <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:48:17 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:
> >
> >>Mine too, hoping that they won`t go 'business' ;o)
> >
> >They have :-\
>
> Good, I'll save money then:)

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:48:44 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>I can't say I'm mad keen on the idea of running a business either. I'm

I was skeptical, then I got a wee bit excited, now I'm a bit skeptical
again. I don't know, I hope it's more fun than work.

>Mind you I wasn't too keen on the Nightlife idea either though I shall be
>pleased to be able to have proper restaurants. The cars I can live without

HEATHEN! :)

>but I am looking forward to the improved views in the lots, the new roof
>line cheat, rugs, and the new way of dealing with packaging lots (not before
>time). And the vampires might be fun.

Totally... there's enough in here to keep us going for a while.
--

Maxon wrote:
> I can't say I'm mad keen on the idea of running a business either. I'm
> self-employed so the idea of my sims living hand-to-mouth while they get set
> up and then managing day-to-day stuff doesn't appeal much. But then the
> sims is so materialistic, I suppose making money in a business is a logical
> step.
>
> Mind you I wasn't too keen on the Nightlife idea either though I shall be
> pleased to be able to have proper restaurants. The cars I can live without
> but I am looking forward to the improved views in the lots, the new roof
> line cheat, rugs, and the new way of dealing with packaging lots (not before
> time). And the vampires might be fun.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

And that's the way it is with all the expansion packs. In the Sims1, I
never cared to take my sims on vacation, it was boring as hell, but I
did like the new objects that came with that expansion. I kept running
into stuff I wanted to download that said you had to have Vacation in
order to get the original object it was cloned from. So, I finally
bought it. The only expansion pack I really was interested in was
Unleashed, but I had them all because of the objects.

Truth be told, I don't care much for the whole University thing, but I
do like those new objects and that new 45 degree angle cheat.

Jeanie