Remove programs from startup

I have several programs that startup upon logging on to a
user in XP. These programs are not listed in
the "STARTUP" program under Programs and are the result
of a download or 2 or 3. They are used only
occassionally and include: CD DIRECT, QuickTime, and
Hotkey.

Any suggestions to remove these programs? Thanks.

Hi JoAnn,

Check if the respective software has an option to disable it from startup. Secondly, you can use MSCONFIG utility in XP to enable or disable the startup entries. Click Start, Run and type MSCONFIG. A much
superior tool from Sysinternals.com, Autoruns is available from:
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp