Sign in with
Your question

EXTREMELY low vantage score with 5870...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 10, 2009 9:57:30 PM

Phenom II 940 3ghz
M3A78-T
Sapphire HD 5870
4GB DDR2 800
Corsair TX750

Here is a picture... only 11K GPU Score:

http://i33.tinypic.com/bgv79j.png

I should be getting ~14-15K? I've already made a post on anither forum. Tried a lot of things but no solution so far... I hope i don't need to send this card back. I sent this pc to repair when i got it, had a lot of black screeners. And now my card is also broken?

Seems like everything i buy is broken already... ain't i lucky. :( 

Here is the another topic:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&t...

What i've tried: Reformat + clean windows install, Disabling UMA+SIDEPORT on BIOS, 2 different drivers 8.66 RC6 & 7. Switching my pci-e slot to another... no dice. :??: 
a b U Graphics card
October 10, 2009 10:13:44 PM

Uh, I'd be more interested in real game performance than some useless synthetic benchmark. If you're getting problems in those applications then you definitely have a problem and should check out everything is connected right, etc., and as a last resort, RMA.

Also, when you "sent [your] pc to repair when [you] got it" what exactly does that mean? Did you send it to Geek Squad or something? I wouldn't be suprised if they screwed something up.
m
l
October 10, 2009 10:19:39 PM

brockh said:

Also, when you "sent [your] pc to repair when [you] got it" what exactly does that mean? Did you send it to Geek Squad or something? I wouldn't be suprised if they screwed something up.

That was ages ago... At the time i had a GTX260 (just like last week :D ) I scored about ~9.5k with my GTX260... :( 

And, in crysis i get 17 FPS average, 1920x1080, Enthusiast, 2xAA. I should be getting a lot more according to the benches...
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 10, 2009 10:27:53 PM

Yeah you definitely sound like you got a faulty card. Have you tried re-installing/updating your drivers?

Also, make sure you uninstalled any GTX 260 drivers from your system, they sometimes conflict.
m
l
October 10, 2009 10:33:56 PM

brockh said:
Yeah you definitely sound like you got a faulty card. Have you tried re-installing/updating your drivers?

Also, make sure you uninstalled any GTX 260 drivers from your system, they sometimes conflict.

Yeah as i told in my post, i did a clean windows install, but it didn't help at all. At first i thought it was a driver conflict too. :( 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 10, 2009 11:32:34 PM

make sure your processor is running at the right spec and clock speed etc

get all the latest drivers for everything directly from the creators (eg ATi for ATi, Realtek for Realtek, dont bother with the motherboard manufacturers etc)

m
l
!