Sign in with
Your question

I7, P55 Builds need Help.

Last response: in Systems
September 26, 2009 5:14:43 AM

Nearly ready to build just gotta wait till end of month for paycheck.. and well wait for Win7.. since I wasn't able to get ahold of Beta, not really sure if there is a way to get it sooner but it all works out but anyways that isn't important. :wahoo: 

Right now I am pretty much got most of the build set in stone but still not 100% sure on some things.

Currently I'm looking at the MSI GD65

I am tossing this up with some of the EVGA, I just stay away from Asus now, don't like their mid/low range boards.

One thing I was wondering this is the RAM I was looking at: Patriot Viper II

Now I haven't actually built my self a computer before, When I was younger I selected a bunch of parts my self and let my IT pro brother build it.

So I was also wondering will this RAM work? since the Board doesn't support 1600mhz as Standard but as OC.

More about : p55 builds

September 26, 2009 12:46:50 PM

It would all work, but you're in overkill mode, get cheaper 1333mhz or 1066mhz ram and get a cheaper board, the only place where you're going to feel the difference is in your wallet.
September 26, 2009 2:44:02 PM

I'm aware of that, but 1333mhz isn't much cheaper, the same sticks are 10$ less, and any of the other sticks aren't much less then that.
Related resources
September 26, 2009 10:02:23 PM

Ya your right I looked it up and there isn't much of a performance difference between many of them, so I'll go for the 1333mhz but I don't think I could make my self go with OCZ.
September 26, 2009 10:09:28 PM

Evockzi said:
Ya your right I looked it up and there isn't much of a performance difference between many of them, so I'll go for the 1333mhz but I don't think I could make my self go with OCZ.

Right., well, it's your money...
September 27, 2009 4:50:06 AM

I've got the GD65. Great motherboard, thought you'd like to know.
September 27, 2009 5:52:38 AM

Thanks for the info =)
!