I7, P55 Builds need Help.

Nearly ready to build just gotta wait till end of month for paycheck.. and well wait for Win7.. since I wasn't able to get ahold of Beta, not really sure if there is a way to get it sooner but it all works out but anyways that isn't important. :wahoo:

Right now I am pretty much got most of the build set in stone but still not 100% sure on some things.

Currently I'm looking at the MSI GD65

I am tossing this up with some of the EVGA, I just stay away from Asus now, don't like their mid/low range boards.

One thing I was wondering this is the RAM I was looking at: Patriot Viper II

Now I haven't actually built my self a computer before, When I was younger I selected a bunch of parts my self and let my IT pro brother build it.

So I was also wondering will this RAM work? since the Board doesn't support 1600mhz as Standard but as OC.
7 answers Last reply
More about builds help
  1. It would all work, but you're in overkill mode, get cheaper 1333mhz or 1066mhz ram and get a cheaper board, the only place where you're going to feel the difference is in your wallet.
  2. I'm aware of that, but 1333mhz isn't much cheaper, the same sticks are 10$ less, and any of the other sticks aren't much less then that.
  3. Evockzi said:
    I'm aware of that, but 1333mhz isn't much cheaper, the same sticks are 10$ less, and any of the other sticks aren't much less then that.

You were saying? http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227316
  4. Ya your right I looked it up and there isn't much of a performance difference between many of them, so I'll go for the 1333mhz but I don't think I could make my self go with OCZ.
  5. Evockzi said:
    Ya your right I looked it up and there isn't much of a performance difference between many of them, so I'll go for the 1333mhz but I don't think I could make my self go with OCZ.

Right., well, it's your money...
  6. I've got the GD65. Great motherboard, thought you'd like to know.
  7. Thanks for the info =)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Intel i7 Build Systems