another preview at Gamespy with a "will your computer run ..

The Sims 2: Nightlife Hands-On (PC)
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sims-2-nightlife/647173p1.html

4 page preview and at the end there is a diagnostic you can choose to run
to see if your system can run NL okay.

Thanks to modthesims2 for posting the link

Tina
11 answers Last reply
More about another preview gamespy will computer

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 02:15:47 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
    <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

    >The Sims 2: Nightlife Hands-On (PC)
    >http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sims-2-nightlife/647173p1.html
    >
    >4 page preview and at the end there is a diagnostic you can choose to run
    >to see if your system can run NL okay.
    >
    >Thanks to modthesims2 for posting the link

    This preview is 10 days old :-) But I never noticed the diagnostic...
    in fact, I don't see it now either... :-( Could you give a direct
    link?
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

    As the OP says go to page 4 (the last page) down the bottom.
    It detects my onboard SIS videocard which is not capable but doesn't find my
    PCI Radeon which apparently is capable.
    So I don't know how technically reliable it is.

    Ern

    > On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 02:15:47 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
    > <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    >>The Sims 2: Nightlife Hands-On (PC)
    >>http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sims-2-nightlife/647173p1.html
    >>
    >>4 page preview and at the end there is a diagnostic you can choose to
    >>run
    >>to see if your system can run NL okay.
    >>
    >>Thanks to modthesims2 for posting the link
    >
    > This preview is 10 days old :-) But I never noticed the diagnostic...
    > in fact, I don't see it now either... :-( Could you give a direct
    > link?
    > --
    >

    > Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    > your neighbourhood could be next!

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:03:29 +1000, "Ern & Bella Station"
    <donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote:

    >As the OP says go to page 4 (the last page) down the bottom.
    >It detects my onboard SIS videocard which is not capable but doesn't find my
    >PCI Radeon which apparently is capable.
    >So I don't know how technically reliable it is.

    Ah, it's an ad from newegg... had to disable admuncher :-)

    I pass the minimum specs flying and the recommended specs with ease.
    Yay.
    --

    Ern & Bella Station wrote:
    > As the OP says go to page 4 (the last page) down the bottom.
    > It detects my onboard SIS videocard which is not capable but doesn't find my
    > PCI Radeon which apparently is capable.
    > So I don't know how technically reliable it is.
    >
    > Ern
    >
    > "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message

    Thanks for the pointer, I overlooked it myself as well. It even tells
    me, that my cpu (s754 semprom 3100+) is overclocked to 3100MHz. lol

    with regards
    Neelix

    Thanks for clarifying that is was on page 4, just got back on this morning
    and noticed that I forgot to include that fact that is was on page 4. Thanks
    for posting that Ern!

    Pegasus, there is so much stuff on the web right now about NL, hard to know
    what is new,d or futuristic. Then again it sounds like your computer is set
    to sniff out anything about NL first, B4 most people know it or where to
    find the info..LOL!!I am happy jstknowing that sometime between Monday and
    Wednesday of this week, I will be shooing my family out of my office space
    and indulging my Sims2 passion full force getting into NL.

    BTW, thought it has been great being updated on all the stuff that you have
    found it has been great to read. Thanks for the time you put into that. We
    can not tell who the most psyched or excited Sims2 player is in this NG, now
    can we???? ;)

    Come on Nightlife!!

    Tina

    > On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:03:29 +1000, "Ern & Bella Station"
    > <donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >As the OP says go to page 4 (the last page) down the bottom.
    > >It detects my onboard SIS videocard which is not capable but doesn't find
    my
    > >PCI Radeon which apparently is capable.
    > >So I don't know how technically reliable it is.
    >
    > Ah, it's an ad from newegg... had to disable admuncher :-)
    >
    > I pass the minimum specs flying and the recommended specs with ease.
    > Yay.
    > --
    >

    > Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    > your neighbourhood could be next!

    this was my results hehehe
    Congratulations, your system will Rock this product! Wish we had a system
    that hot you lucky dog.
    LOL

    Destiny

    "Neelix" <nospam@borlanddelphi.cjb.net> wrote in message
    > Ern & Bella Station wrote:
    >> As the OP says go to page 4 (the last page) down the bottom.
    >> It detects my onboard SIS videocard which is not capable but doesn't find
    >> my
    >> PCI Radeon which apparently is capable.
    >> So I don't know how technically reliable it is.
    >>
    >> Ern
    >>
    >> "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
    >>

    > Thanks for the pointer, I overlooked it myself as well. It even tells me,
    > that my cpu (s754 semprom 3100+) is overclocked to 3100MHz. lol
    >

    > with regards
    > Neelix

    Same here - apparently I *fail* badly on my video card. Yeah right. It's
    only showing a 'sis' videocard like you with 4MB RAM although I have a
    Radeon also with 256MB so I wouldn't take it too seriously. Bizarrly, it
    recognises that my system has a T&L capable video card in the CPU section.
    I wonder if it's got anything to do with the fact that the analytical
    programme is provided by NVidia? Everything else is just fine and dandy so
    I guess I'm ok.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "Ern & Bella Station" <donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote in message
    > As the OP says go to page 4 (the last page) down the bottom.
    > It detects my onboard SIS videocard which is not capable but doesn't find
    my
    > PCI Radeon which apparently is capable.
    > So I don't know how technically reliable it is.
    >
    > Ern

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:03:29 +1000, "Ern & Bella Station"
    <donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote:

    >As the OP says go to page 4 (the last page) down the bottom.
    >It detects my onboard SIS videocard which is not capable but doesn't find my
    >PCI Radeon which apparently is capable.
    >So I don't know how technically reliable it is.

    I don't think it's reliable at all. It told me my Athlon 64
    3700+(2400MHZ) was overclocked to 3800MHZ:-)

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:58:08 +0200, Strider <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote:

    :>On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:03:29 +1000, "Ern & Bella Station"
    :><donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote:
    :>
    :>>As the OP says go to page 4 (the last page) down the bottom.
    :>>It detects my onboard SIS videocard which is not capable but doesn't find my
    :>>PCI Radeon which apparently is capable.
    :>>So I don't know how technically reliable it is.
    :>
    :>
    :>I don't think it's reliable at all. It told me my Athlon 64
    :>3700+(2400MHZ) was overclocked to 3800MHZ:-)

    It also doesn't look for drive space other than Drive C. I ran it
    against my laptop (a Toshiba 5205) and everything passed except for
    having enough drive space. I've got a 60GB drive with a 10GB
    partition Drive C for the O/S and a 50GB partition Drive D with all my
    apps and a relocated "My Documents" folder. There is 27GB free on
    that partition which is more than enough.

    I won't even bother running it against my full size gaming rig since
    it is set up pretty much the same way. A small Drive C O/S partition
    and around a 150GB for a few utils and the rest for gaming.

    me/2

    Hi

    LOL, mine said the same!! :)

    Lucky I didnt test my old pc with it... 850mhz....!

    Julia

    "Destiny" <natvdrms@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
    > this was my results hehehe
    > Congratulations, your system will Rock this product! Wish we had a system
    > that hot you lucky dog.
    > LOL
    >
    > Destiny
    >
    > "Neelix" <nospam@borlanddelphi.cjb.net> wrote in message
    >> Ern & Bella Station wrote:
    >>> As the OP says go to page 4 (the last page) down the bottom.
    >>> It detects my onboard SIS videocard which is not capable but doesn't
    >>> find my
    >>> PCI Radeon which apparently is capable.
    >>> So I don't know how technically reliable it is.
    >>>
    >>> Ern
    >>>
    >>> "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
    >>>

    >> Thanks for the pointer, I overlooked it myself as well. It even tells me,
    >> that my cpu (s754 semprom 3100+) is overclocked to 3100MHz. lol
    >>

    >> with regards
    >> Neelix

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:58:08 +0200, Strider <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote:

    >I don't think it's reliable at all. It told me my Athlon 64
    >3700+(2400MHZ) was overclocked to 3800MHZ:-)

    Maybe it factors old version numbers and calculates from BUS speed.
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

Sims Computers Games Video Games