Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ERROR CPU Installed NOT supported

Last response: in CPUs
December 14, 2009 9:56:10 PM

I've a HP p624w MB: M2N68-LA (Narra V 5) HP MB manual says it support up to AMD Phenom II X4. I've tried to install a Phenom II X4 940 Black, but unfortunately the the BIOS POST after pass the logo screen and devices listing display the following message: "ERROR, CPU Installed NOT supported"and the system shutdown in some seconds, I asked on HP online chat support and they have confirmed it MD support such CPU, the CPU is brand new, I've installed a new 650 Power Supply. The computers works OK with its original CPU a Sempron. Any idea ?
a b à CPUs
December 14, 2009 10:00:36 PM

Did you update to the latest BIOS version?
m
l
December 14, 2009 10:39:40 PM

I've the original BIOS version 5.48, the last one available for download at HP is 5.49 but unfortunately they do not mention such issue, just it:

version 5.49

Description: M2N68-LA Motherboard BIOS update resolves issue with Windows not responding while playing a DVD movie.
Enhancements: Resolves issue with Windows not responding while playing a DVD movie.

So, I do not, if the last version solve the Phenom issue, since they do not say a word about ?
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 14, 2009 11:06:48 PM

I would try the latest BIOS.
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 15, 2009 12:11:30 AM

From what i can find and what the other's have said, see if a bios update will solve the problem. If it doesn't work, then you maybe out of luck.
!