ERROR CPU Installed NOT supported

abeaufrand

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I've a HP p624w MB: M2N68-LA (Narra V 5) HP MB manual says it support up to AMD Phenom II X4. I've tried to install a Phenom II X4 940 Black, but unfortunately the the BIOS POST after pass the logo screen and devices listing display the following message: "ERROR, CPU Installed NOT supported"and the system shutdown in some seconds, I asked on HP online chat support and they have confirmed it MD support such CPU, the CPU is brand new, I've installed a new 650 Power Supply. The computers works OK with its original CPU a Sempron. Any idea ?

Solution
From what i can find and what the other's have said, see if a bios update will solve the problem. If it doesn't work, then you maybe out of luck.

abeaufrand

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I've the original BIOS version 5.48, the last one available for download at HP is 5.49 but unfortunately they do not mention such issue, just it:

version 5.49

Description: M2N68-LA Motherboard BIOS update resolves issue with Windows not responding while playing a DVD movie.
Enhancements: Resolves issue with Windows not responding while playing a DVD movie.

So, I do not, if the last version solve the Phenom issue, since they do not say a word about ?

someguy7

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
From what I gathered your board does not support the cpu.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00906129&lc=en&cc=de&dlc=&product=3397528#

It doesn't include the narra version but from what I seen from a search is that your version is made to run low power systems.