Closed Solved

Inlet and outlet?

Hello!

I recently purchased a res/pump combination very similar to the following: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14133/ex-res-301/EK_D5_X-Res_Top_140_Pump_Top_Reservoir_Combo_w_Alphacool_VPP655_Variable_Speed_Pump_Installed.html

I simply wish to know which would be the inlet port and which would be the outlet.

I have never used a top res/pump combination and am a bit unsure.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about inlet outlet
  1. Best answer
    The port on the side of the square block is your pump outlet, where it pushes from into your loop,
    the other one on the round bit below the acrylic tube is a feed into the res, or you could block that off and use the top port as the return, depends how you mount it
    Moto
  2. Motopsychojdn said:
    The port on the side of the square block is your pump outlet, where it pushes from into your loop,
    the other one on the round bit below the acrylic tube is a feed into the res, or you could block that off and use the top port as the return, depends how you mount it
    Moto

I see, please allow me a moment to clarify.

The port located directly above the pump on the square block is the outlet, and the port located on cylinder portion of the reservoir itself is inlet?
  3. Yes, the port on the square part is the outlet, the port under the reservoir is the inlet.
  4. Thank you kindly!
  5. Best answer selected by DoomsWord89.
  6. No problem man, pics when done in gallery? :)
    Moto
  7. Motopsychojdn said:
    No problem man, pics when done in gallery? :)
    Moto

Indeed, I plan to post some pics on Monday.
  8. Look forward to it :)
    Moto
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Overclocking