How to see full hd movies on PC ?

vslo

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Hi guys,
I was wondering how can I see my avi files in full HD on my PC ? Beacause yesterday I rented a dvd and saw in my full hd monitor, i dont know if the image was HD or Full HD but it was very nice ! how can check my other dvd-rip movies in full hd?
and its really full HD or only HD (as far as I know only Blue ray is trully full hd )?

Solution
HD and full HD are the same, however most DVDs are not 1080P which is what most people consider HD, they tend to be around 480i, if you want HD movies you have to get a Blu-ray player as they are the only disks with enough capacity to store them.

If you hover your mouse over a video file it will often tell you the resolution that it is, if its 1920x1080 then it is HD.
HD and full HD are the same, however most DVDs are not 1080P which is what most people consider HD, they tend to be around 480i, if you want HD movies you have to get a Blu-ray player as they are the only disks with enough capacity to store them.

If you hover your mouse over a video file it will often tell you the resolution that it is, if its 1920x1080 then it is HD.

Solution

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Right click on the file you a watching (like hunter says) and click properties. Now from the tabs above, you should be able to see what resolution the video file is at. If it ends in x1080 or above then its full HD.

daship

Distinguished
You will need Bluray player software to play a full Bluray rip. There are places to download full Bluray, I download some once in a while. Some are as big as 50 gigs, I hope you have a fast internet connection and your ISP doesn't limit your monthly bandwidth. Depending on your speed and your bandwidth cap, you might be better off getting a player and renting from netflix.

sgtmattbaker

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
If you have a blu ray disc you need a blu ray player. You also need a HDCP compliant monitor, so if your monitor is not compliant thank the MPAA and the others who decidec to make you have to upgrade every bit of hardware you own so you can play their (they probably don't consider you buying a movie as you owning it) movies. It is criminal to make someone buy a new monitor because they chose to make the encryption work that way. What I would recommend doing is not support blu-ray. The next format they come out with they will tell you you have to rework the electricity in your house because it doesn't comply to some anti-copy standard of theirs. Note to MPAA and film distributors: the majority of your customers aren't thieves, but you make it awful tempting to break your ridiculous rules.

into9rod

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Yeah theres another problem here u now what i think is that not all blue ray movies are 1080p so it depends of the movie too i just bought star trek the new movie and is not 1080p thats why it was on sale so it depends too of the compression of the movie.
gl

calasecure

Distinguished
May 29, 2011

Hi,
You can do all of that with
SatelliteDirect™'s software technology taps into more than 3,500 TV channels worldwide right over the Internet. Now you can enjoy more channels than your cable and satellite TV combined for a one-time fee less than one month of your monthly cable bill.

You don't need a satellite dish, receiver or any other equipment to use our software. All you need is a computer and an internet connection. Simply download our software and you are ready to enjoy over 3,500 channels worldwide.
Just click on the link below

http://bit.ly/l3SxrJ