Your question

GA-X58A-UD5 6GB ram (4GB usable)

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • DDR3
  • Corsair Dominator
Last response: in Motherboards
March 15, 2010 3:00:33 PM

Hello iam using GA-X58A-UD5 the system runs with Corsair Dominator GT 1600Mhz default clock Triple channel 7-7-7-20 total memory 6GB 3x2 kits but only 4Gb usable by the system the OS IS x64 windows 7 any idea what's wrong? i have also updated to the latest bios version available F5 the Rams are installed correclty in the right slots DDR3_1 DDR3_3 DDR3_5 (White slots) Bios reports only 4GB of ram available thanks in advance.

More about : x58a ud5 6gb ram 4gb usable

a b V Motherboard
March 15, 2010 4:06:27 PM

A: 1. If you're *sure* you're running the 64 bit version of the OS, from here I see two possibilities. The first is your motherboard may have a limitation - either by design or by BIOS setting. Check your motherboard's support page to verify your motherboard actually supports 4GB of ram or more. Then check your BIOS for a feature called Memory Remapping. If Memory remapping options appear in the BIOS at all, make sure it is turned on.
2. Click the Start orb, and type in msconfig. Right click the msconfig app to run it as Administrator. That brings up the configuration utility. Click the Boot tab, and then click the Advanced Options button. In that window, there is a setting for Maximum Memory - Make sure the checkbox for it is clear (not checked), then reboot your computer.
March 15, 2010 6:11:01 PM

There is no feature called Memory Remapping in the bios this motherboard suports up to 24GB of ram DDR3 triple channel but the Bios recognize only 4GB of ram so there is no such a problem with windows and yes the Os is x64 windows seven ultimate the ram kits are installed correctly in the (white slots) DDR3_1 DDR3_3 DDR3_5 thanks for the fast reply.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
March 15, 2010 7:52:15 PM

If there are only 4GB available in the Bios, then I would troubleshoot for a physical problem: Either a bad DIMM or slot.
March 27, 2010 9:24:32 PM

eso said:
There is no feature called Memory Remapping in the bios this motherboard suports up to 24GB of ram DDR3 triple channel but the Bios recognize only 4GB of ram so there is no such a problem with windows and yes the Os is x64 windows seven ultimate the ram kits are installed correctly in the (white slots) DDR3_1 DDR3_3 DDR3_5 thanks for the fast reply.

hi, i have the same issue if you fixed this please let me know how to do it, i got the same board and ram
March 28, 2010 3:40:50 AM

Hi Tibon unfortunately there was no solution found i returned the mobo back in the store i had same problems with UD7 and UD5 as well both motherbords are SATA III. I was planning to buy GA-EX58-EXTREME but it was out of stock and i bought the P6T Deluxe V2 of course it doesn't have SATA III or USB3 but hey i dont think is really necessary unless you plan to use SSD Raid 0 and SSDS are very expensive nowdays especially SATA III. Please be aware the asus premium mobo socket 1366 with SATA III interface doesn't support raid function the only way to enable raid is via SATA II ports just go for SATA II X58 mobo Gigabyte or Asus i like both companys it's up to you mate:)  both GA-EX58-EXTREME and Asus P6T Deluxe V2 are great Motherboards.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2010 4:40:18 AM

I had the same problem with my GA-X58A-UD7, i7 920, Zalman CNPS9900A LED, OCZ triple channel 8-8-8-24 1600MHz.
POST and Windows would sometimes show all memory but even if it did it would lose 1 channel eventually.

I took the advice of several other forums and reseated the CPU twice with less HSF pressure and it didn't seem to help.

Thought it was bad RAM and bought another triple channel kit, same thing 12 -> 8GB and 6 -> 4GB regardless of DIMM position.

I updated the BIOS to F7 the other day having changed nothing else and now every boot shows 12GB stable both on POST and in Windows 7 x64. Only 2 days running but looks good so far.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 20, 2010 5:36:21 AM

Quote:
I had the same problem with my GA-X58A-UD7, i7 920, Zalman CNPS9900A LED, OCZ triple channel 8-8-8-24 1600MHz.
POST and Windows would sometimes show all memory but even if it did it would lose 1 channel eventually.

I took the advice of several other forums and reseated the CPU twice with less HSF pressure and it didn't seem to help.

Thought it was bad RAM and bought another triple channel kit, same thing 12 -> 8GB and 6 -> 4GB regardless of DIMM position.

I updated the BIOS to F7 the other day having changed nothing else and now every boot shows 12GB stable both on POST and in Windows 7 x64. Only 2 days running but looks good so far.

I had the same issue with my EX58-UD3R Rev 1 board. 12GB installed but it only reported 4GB. Win7 actually reported 12GB but 4GB usable (12GB 4GB Usable)

I knew my bios was original and the i7 board one of the first so the first thing I did was to download the latest BIOS.

Bingo. Post = 12GB and Win7 = 12GB. Life is good :-)
!