How to get Window Explorer to open/remember last folder th..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Everytime I open window explorer it would start the focus on the My Document
folder. I don't want this. What I want is Window Explorer will focus on the
last folder that was open previously. How do I do this? Is their an
environment variable to set???
3 answers Last reply
More about window explorer open remember folder
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    HOW TO: Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q307856

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Joe M" wrote:

    | Everytime I open window explorer it would start the focus on the My Document
    | folder. I don't want this. What I want is Window Explorer will focus on the
    | last folder that was open previously. How do I do this? Is their an
    | environment variable to set???

    This does not answer Joe M's question. The article listed below by
    Carey Frisch only tells how to start Windows Explorer at a pre-defined
    location instead of the default location, not the last location
    visited.

    Please respond with the answer.

    'Carey Frisch [MVP Wrote:
    > ']HOW TO: Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP
    > http://tinyurl.com/437of
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > http://tinyurl.com/5yb7o

    > "Joe M" wrote:
    >
    > | Everytime I open window explorer it would start the focus on the My
    > Document
    > | folder. I don't want this. What I want is Window Explorer will focus
    > on the
    > | last folder that was open previously. How do I do this? Is their an
    > | environment variable to set???

    --
    decemberist

    "decemberist" wrote:
    | This does not answer Joe M's question. The article listed below by
    | Carey Frisch only tells how to start Windows Explorer at a pre-defined
    | location instead of the default location, not the last location
    | visited.
    | Please respond with the answer.

    The only answer is that Windows can "Restore previous folder windows at logon",
    which does not help the OP with an on-demand restore.

Configuration Microsoft Explorer Windows XP